Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Earlier Saraswati puja used to be celebrated with great enthusiasm on basant panchmi. Our elders mention that during their time they used to install idols of Saraswati in schools and every students would offer prayer. However, it has lost its significance nowadays. Though some people celebrate it at home, it is no longer celebrated at schools.

Though not so grand but few schools still do so. However it is still very common in Bengal, Bihar and jharkhand to celebrate saraswati puja in schools

In my school days I never celebrate Basant Panchmi and worship Sarswati. But I offer prayer everyday. But I saw some change in this year. Some student of school weard yellow dress on this day.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Earlier Saraswati puja used to be celebrated with great enthusiasm on basant panchmi. Our elders mention that during their time they used to install idols of Saraswati in schools and every students would offer prayer. However, it has lost its significance nowadays. Though some people celebrate it at home, it is no longer celebrated at schools.

Though not so grand but few schools still do so. However it is still very common in Bengal, Bihar and jharkhand to celebrate saraswati puja in schools

In my school days I never celebrate Basant Panchmi and worship Sarswati. But I offer prayer everyday. But I saw some change in this year. Some student of school weard yellow dress on this day.

Saraswati Puja is very very important in the eastern part of India. Even till date many schools and colleges organise the festival within their premises.I always consider this festival to be an enlightenment not only for the students but also for any person around the festivity. There is fun and enjoyment but still when one prays to God for knowledge, it gives a sense of fulfillment.    

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Saraswati Puja is very very important in the eastern part of India. Even till date many schools and colleges organise the festival within their premises.I always consider this festival to be an enlightenment not only for the students but also for any person around the festivity. There is fun and enjoyment but still when one prays to God for knowledge, it gives a sense of fulfillment.    

Performing Saraswato Puja in Schools considerably reduced.. But in Community Halls Sarswati Puja is celebrated still in my state AP

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Performing Saraswato Puja in Schools considerably reduced.. But in Community Halls Sarswati Puja is celebrated still in my state AP

As I know most of people of eastern state are Christian. It is surprising that they worship Saraswati.@Rambaby, performing of Saraswati puja is reducing because people like Laxmi (Godess of money) Puja

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

As I know most of people of eastern state are Christian. It is surprising that they worship Saraswati.@Rambaby, performing of Saraswati puja is reducing because people like Laxmi (Godess of money) Puja

LOL.people are more interested to perform Laxm puja because, she is the goddess of moneyIts but natural.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

@anil What are you saying? I have said eastern part of India and not north eastern part of India. Eastern part of India constitutes of Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Odisha and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The majority of people are Hindus and not Christians. 

shampasaid

Test post thsnks

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is very interesting to.go through all the posts and get to know the traditions and customs of Basanth Panchami . Since we do not celebrate it in our part I was totally unaware of this festival..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In Telangana on Basant Panchami day Saraswati Puja is celebrated. There is a very big temple in a place known as Basara in Telengana.

In Delhi it is not celebrated widely but the Bengali community do celebrate it by organizing this festival either in Kali temples or on their own. In one of the posts @rambabu mentioned about Aksharabyasam which is same among Bengalis. It is known as 'hathekhori'. It is the first lesson of writing the alphabets on slate done by the priest in front of the idol of Goddess Saraswati.Though nowadays children do start writing at home whatever they like, it's a formal method at a certain age before going to formal school.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.