Veto power is the privilege of the permanent 5 members of UNSC ,If India becomes a permanent member of UNSC then it can better handle its issues at International forum.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Definitely it would help India to a certain extent only... However a strong nation that is able to take care of its internal affairs need not wait for any kind of outside support nor approval ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Definitely will be a great boost for India. India totally deserves this looking at the significant role it plays on a global level. 

And I totally agree with Usha

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

UN is now not so powerful and has become a relief providing agency for Africa and Arab fighting refugees. Yesa membership would be welcome even if role is diminishing.

But China doesn't want that India should enter the NSC group.

India is not going to be a member of UNSC in my lifetime. India should watch out for Pak-China, Bangladesh axis. Bangla has got Chinese submarines as well as a base to China. India is ringed in and China will not let India rise. Russia also is no longer that friendly and one thing for sure the USA cannot be relied on. India has its task cut out. Seat in UNSC is miles away in the deep.

MG Singh wrote:

India is not going to be a member of UNSC in my lifetime. India should watch out for Pak-China, Bangladesh axis. Bangla has got Chinese submarines as well as a base to China. India is ringed in and China will not let India rise. Russia also is no longer that friendly and one thing for sure the USA cannot be relied on. India has its task cut out. Seat in UNSC is miles away in the deep.

I can understand the situation. Especially China will never allow India to rise.. What India will do is left to the the present Government. Sorry Pal, I don't have much knowledge about UNSC,.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I can understand the situation. Especially China will never allow India to rise.. What India will do is left to the the present Government. Sorry Pal, I don't have much knowledge about UNSC,.

The UNSC council is the most powerful organ of the United Nations. It has 5 permanent members who have the right of "Veto". No action can be taken by SC till it is approved by a majority but even if one member applies the Veto it fails. So it is the most powerful organ in the world. Russia saved India almost 40 times by exercising the Veto on Kashmir when the USA and GB were pushing for implementation of the UN resolution on the plebiscite.

There are other 6 elected members but they do not have "veto" and thus inconsequential. 

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

The UNSC council is the most powerful organ of the United Nations. It has 5 permanent members who have the right of "Veto". No action can be taken by SC till it is approved by a majority but even if one member applies the Veto it fails. So it is the most powerful organ in the world. Russia saved India almost 40 times by exercising the Veto on Kashmir when the USA and GB were pushing for implementation of the UN resolution on the plebiscite.

There are other 6 elected members but they do not have "veto" and thus inconsequential. 

Thank you Pal,  for the information, you provided. Earlier, my knowledge about UNSC was sketchy

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.