Thoughts?

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Of course. Indian education is fully commercialized and the schools,Colleges and Universities have become marketing centers, where the education is sold.

Entire education needs to be overhauled.

Another aspect is admission process should be based on merit, Not on reservations

Today in our education system more and more focus is given on theory, practical knowledge is also as important as theory.  Our educational system has become business, even low educated people are running schools. So the educational system in India need to be overhauled. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

Besides what you said, I feel the following factors are to be given due consideration

The CBSE system is based on mugging. Education is about understanding and applying your knowledge, Every thing is about rote memorization,leading to behavior that encourages cramming and forgetting rather than life long learning, Lack of diversity in the subject

Of course  a student's merit has to be taken in to consideration, not  on caste reservation quotas. 

rambabu wrote:

Besides what you said, I feel the following factors are to be given due consideration

The CBSE system is based on mugging. Education is about understanding and applying your knowledge, Every thing is about rote memorization,leading to behavior that encourages cramming and forgetting rather than life long learning, Lack of diversity in the subject

Of course  a student's merit has to be taken in to consideration, not  on caste reservation quotas. 

I am saying that today's school system has become business and source of income for some people, some people who not much qualified, are running their own schools, more and more private schools are opening in streets of cities, towns and villages. They are only focusing on the marks in the mark sheets and not the over all development of the kid.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Thoughts?

The thread starter should add some of his / her thought s first .

Our education system while on the one hand has become extremely commercialized, but also has become very competitive to come at par with the International standards. The very fact that Indians are able to do d well placed jobs anywhere in the world after studying in India shows that it is good but definitely can be improved upon .

I wonder from where rambabu gets the idea that CBSE is based on mugging , he speaks as if he is an expert on education ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Thoughts?

The thread starter should add some of his / her thought s first .

Our education system while on the one hand has become extremely commercialized, but also has become very competitive to come at par with the International standards. The very fact that Indians are able to do d well placed jobs anywhere in the world after studying in India shows that it is good but definitely can be improved upon .

I wonder from where rambabu gets the idea that CBSE is based on mugging , he speaks as if he is an expert on education ..

No points for guessing, he is indeed on expert on a wide range of things! mask

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We all well aware about politics in universities and collages. It is my opinion that interferance of political parties in collage and Universities must be banned. Collages and Universities are temple of education and not platform for dirty politics of political parties of country.

Exactly. 2 days ago, in Telegana State, 10th paper was leaked. O inquiry, it was found that two teachers were behind this leakage.

Of Course political interference is another reason for the poor standard of education.

The education system has now become a mass factory producing graduates in all disciplines irrespective of their quality. There needs a gradation system to enable serious students to differentiate between good and bad institutes.

Well said.Educational institutions have become graduate manufacturing factories.

That is why, education system needs a thorough overhauling.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.