Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The incident took place in Bihar. The Bihar Government  has not taken any action till now. Because they do not want to upset their vote Banks. This is real secularism in India.

Very sad incident. Ram Navami, a  Hindu God's festival is not being allowed to celebrate in India..

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If this had happened with a minority community , one can well imagine what would be the reaction of the media, the " intellectual brigade" and our politicians ...Can we blame the Hindu groups for feeling alienated?

http://postcard.news/mughals-destroyed-temples-now-secular-community-mob-attacks-ram-navami-procession-destroys-lord-ram-idol-media-deep-sleep/

That was a very unfortunate incident to happen. Its not about minority or majority community. Why should religious processions be attacked like that? I find it hard to digest that the police did nothing when they were being attacked.

Ideally no religion shd come into public places but religious processions are found all over the world and one simply cannot ban them. But this must be a first where a majority Community gets attacked by a minority Community. Goes to show the audacity they have and to what extent our Communal parties have given them the freedom to do so..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If this had happened with a minority community , one can well imagine what would be the reaction of the media, the " intellectual brigade" and our politicians ...Can we blame the Hindu groups for feeling alienated?

http://postcard.news/mughals-destroyed-temples-now-secular-community-mob-attacks-ram-navami-procession-destroys-lord-ram-idol-media-deep-sleep/

That was a very unfortunate incident to happen. Its not about minority or majority community. Why should religious processions be attacked like that? I find it hard to digest that the police did nothing when they were being attacked.

Ideally no religion shd come into public places but religious processions are found all over the world and one simply cannot ban them. But this must be a first where a majority Community gets attacked by a minority Community. Goes to show the audacity they have and to what extent our Communal parties have given them the freedom to do so..

With respect (and I might be wrong) , but your reply suggests that the majority has the right to attack the minorities and if it happens the other way round, we question their audacity and blame the parties?

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

With respect (and I might be wrong) , but your reply suggests that the majority has the right to attack the minorities and if it happens the other way round, we question their audacity and blame the parties?

Absolutely not , in fact I am totally against any kind attack or violence be it by the minorities or by the majority Community . But in India the minority appeasing has gone on to such an extent that they feel emboldened to attack knowing fully well that they will not be touched and I was trying to highlight this fact !!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The incident that took place in Bihar, where a group of Muslims attacked with cricket Bats a group of Hindus  were celebrating Ram Navami.

This Muslim group destroyed idols of lord Rama. Bihar government did nothing. Perhaps the Government Bihar doesn't want to disturb its Vote Bank. Is it the secularism in India? Neither the politicians nor the press interfered.

A shameful incident.

Re: Terror Strikes

by  » 2 days ago

The incident took place in Bihar. The Bihar Government  has not taken any action till now. Because they do not want to upset their vote Banks. This is real secularism in India.

Very sad incident. Ram Navami, a  Hindu God's festival is not being allowed to celebrate in India..

: Terror Strikes

by  » 2 hours ago

The incident that took place in Bihar, where a group of Muslims attacked with cricket Bats a group of Hindus  were celebrating Ram Navami.

This Muslim group destroyed idols of lord Rama. Bihar government did nothing. Perhaps the Government Bihar doesn't want to disturb its Vote Bank. Is it the secularism in India? Neither the politicians nor the press interfered.

A shameful incident.

I wonder how many more times will this be repeated simply to get points , a shameful incident indeed !

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I don't think she meant it that way at all! But the truth is that Hindus never (with exceptions of course) intentionally attack and disrupt Moharram processions, but Muslims are often known to attack Hindu processions on several occasions with intention to disrupt and cause harm. Also, it is a known fact that Hindus are not allowed to celebrate Durga Puja festival in West Bengal, Durga Pooja celebrations being the core and most important part of Bengali culture, just because Muslims do not like it, and India is a Hindu country. So where does that leave us Hindus??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Quite a good clarification

In my neighboring district Vizianagaram, Muslims are allowed to Celebrate Muharram without any fear..  This is an exception.

Where as in most of the Northern States, practically every Hindu Festival is being obstructed or created hindrances by Muslims.

Now, we all know how Rama Navami festival is being disrupted in Bihar.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I don't think she meant it that way at all! But the truth is that Hindus never (with exceptions of course) intentionally attack and disrupt Moharram processions, but Muslims are often known to attack Hindu processions on several occasions with intention to disrupt and cause harm. Also, it is a known fact that Hindus are not allowed to celebrate Durga Puja festival in West Bengal, Durga Pooja celebrations being the core and most important part of Bengali culture, just because Muslims do not like it, and India is a Hindu country. So where does that leave us Hindus??

#1 India is not a Hindu country. Its a secular republic.

#2 Exceptions are there on both sides, but only some get highlighted.

#3 Durga idol immersion was delayed due to Moharram. There was no ban on celebrations and the decision was rejected by Calcutta HC.

I'm not taking sides. Of course the administration has to be blamed for all this. But the media plays a vital role in showing one side of a coin and not telling the whole story.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

OK. I agree, India is a secular Country.

In a secular Country any one can choose a religion of their choice and respect the other religions.

Now coming to the point, You know what happened in Bihar. Muslims attacked Hindus on Rama navami day and destroyed the idols of Rama.

Had these Muslims respected an important Hindu festival, this would not have happened.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.