Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Do stray incidents define the character of a community or religion or region or a state. The shameful act by a Shiv sena member in Air India cannot be said to represent the proud Marathis or Maharashtrians. The killing of a Muslim on cow transportation (even with a valid permission) in Alwar cannot be representative of all Rajasthanis. How can a member believe that in West Bengal Durga Puja can be ever be banned? Can Ganpati festival be banned in Maharashtra? Even after nearly 900 years of Muslim rule and its cruelties Hinduism has survived. So let us not be pessimistic. And let us not be naïve to blindly believe motivated hearsay and in our passion spread it.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If this had happened with a minority community , one can well imagine what would be the reaction of the media, the " intellectual brigade" and our politicians ...Can we blame the Hindu groups for feeling alienated?

http://postcard.news/mughals-destroyed-temples-now-secular-community-mob-attacks-ram-navami-procession-destroys-lord-ram-idol-media-deep-sleep/

That was a very unfortunate incident to happen. Its not about minority or majority community. Why should religious processions be attacked like that? I find it hard to digest that the police did nothing when they were being attacked.

Ideally no religion shd come into public places but religious processions are found all over the world and one simply cannot ban them. But this must be a first where a majority Community gets attacked by a minority Community. Goes to show the audacity they have and to what extent our Communal parties have given them the freedom to do so..

With respect (and I might be wrong) , but your reply suggests that the majority has the right to attack the minorities and if it happens the other way round, we question their audacity and blame the parties?

I don't think she meant it that way at all! But the truth is that Hindus never (with exceptions of course) intentionally attack and disrupt Moharram processions, but Muslims are often known to attack Hindu processions on several occasions with intention to disrupt and cause harm. Also, it is a known fact that Hindus are not allowed to celebrate Durga Puja festival in West Bengal, Durga Pooja celebrations being the core and most important part of Bengali culture, just because Muslims do not like it, and India is a Hindu country. So where does that leave us Hindus??

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote

I don't think she meant it that way at all! But the truth is that Hindus never (with exceptions of course) intentionally attack and disrupt Moharram processions, but Muslims are often known to attack Hindu processions on several occasions with intention to disrupt and cause harm. Also, it is a known fact that Hindus are not allowed to celebrate Durga Puja festival in West Bengal, Durga Pooja celebrations being the core and most important part of Bengali culture, just because Muslims do not like it, and India is a Hindu country. So where does that leave us Hindus??

I agree Kalyani , even here in Mangalore we have had several incidents when Ganapati processions and Sri Krishna ashtami processions get disrupted . But thankfully it does not lead to any major violence that disrupts our daily lives . But if it was the other way round , just imagine...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If this had happened with a minority community , one can well imagine what would be the reaction of the media, the " intellectual brigade" and our politicians ...Can we blame the Hindu groups for feeling alienated?

http://postcard.news/mughals-destroyed-temples-now-secular-community-mob-attacks-ram-navami-procession-destroys-lord-ram-idol-media-deep-sleep/

That was a very unfortunate incident to happen. Its not about minority or majority community. Why should religious processions be attacked like that? I find it hard to digest that the police did nothing when they were being attacked.

Ideally no religion shd come into public places but religious processions are found all over the world and one simply cannot ban them. But this must be a first where a majority Community gets attacked by a minority Community. Goes to show the audacity they have and to what extent our Communal parties have given them the freedom to do so..

With respect (and I might be wrong) , but your reply suggests that the majority has the right to attack the minorities and if it happens the other way round, we question their audacity and blame the parties?

#1 India is not a Hindu country. Its a secular republic.

#2 Exceptions are there on both sides, but only some get highlighted.

#3 Durga idol immersion was delayed due to Moharram. There was no ban on celebrations and the decision was rejected by Calcutta HC.

I'm not taking sides. Of course the administration has to be blamed for all this. But the media plays a vital role in showing one side of a coin and not telling the whole story.

#1  the major problem lies with India being a so called secular nation ..

# 3 this is what happened and the high court had to say about the issue ..

The Calcutta High Court has held the time limits set by the West Bengal government for Durga idol immersion next week, on account of Moharram, as “arbitrary” and said the order was a “clear endeavour” by the state to “appease the minority section of the public”.

And

There has been a clear endeavour on the part of the state government to pamper and appease the minority section of the public at the cost of the majority section without there being any plausible justification. The reason therefore is, however, not far to seek,” the court added.

Bijoy Dashami, the day of the Durga idol immersion, falls on October 11 this year. The tazia procession for Muharram is to take place the next day.

I don't understand this eagerness to trivialize and whitewash the truth with regard to any Injustice done to Hindus ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

#3 Durga idol immersion was delayed due to Moharram. There was no ban on celebrations and the decision was rejected by Calcutta HC.

I'm not taking sides. Of course the administration has to be blamed for all this. But the media plays a vital role in showing one side of a coin and not telling the whole story.

The Calcutta High Court has held the time limits set by the West Bengal government for Durga idol immersion next week, on account of Moharram, as “arbitrary” and said the order was a “clear endeavour” by the state to “appease the minority section of the public”.

And

There has been a clear endeavour on the part of the state government to pamper and appease the minority section of the public at the cost of the majority section without there being any plausible justification. The reason therefore is, however, not far to seek,” the court added.

Bijoy Dashami, the day of the Durga idol immersion, falls on October 11 this year. The tazia procession for Muharram is to take place the next day.

I don't understand this eagerness to trivialize and whitewash the truth with regard to any Injustice done to Hindus ..

As I said, its the media which hides the truth. Here's an instance-

In 2015, major news channels were running a news item #DurgaPujaBan stating that a village in West Bengal was not allowed to celebrate Durga Puja due to the Muslims in the area. But this was only one side of the argument.

On investigation, it was found that sacrifice for Eid was banned in the village by the Hindus since 2003!!

But the media relentlessly blamed the Muslims for this. If this isn't the root cause of hate among different religious sects, then I don't know what is.

But that doesn't mean the administration wasn't wrong. They could've handled it way better.

Source- https://scroll.in/article/766597/ground-report-was-durga-pujo-really-banned-in-a-west-bengal-village

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote

I agree Kalyani , even here in Mangalore we have had several incidents when Ganapati processions and Sri Krishna ashtami processions get disrupted . But thankfully it does not lead to any major violence that disrupts our daily lives . But if it was the other way round , just imagine...

Here in AP, a city . in Vizianagaram, a  local Goddess festival is celebrated after Dasara.every year. A local Congress leader once tried to disrupt the procession.

But, the crowd chased the Congress leader . And after that everything went on peacefully.

While I agree that media does play a major role in manipulating public perception , it is also true that most of our psuedo secular politicians like Mamata, Mayawati, Lalu and the Congress leaders have always been anything but secular in their outlook and policies . One has to blame them for most of the Communal and terror related problems we are facing today including the issue of Kashmir!

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

And

As I said, its the media which hides the truth. Here's an instance-

In 2015, major news channels were running a news item #DurgaPujaBan stating that a village in West Bengal was not allowed to celebrate Durga Puja due to the Muslims in the area. But this was only one side of the argument.

On investigation, it was found that sacrifice for Eid was banned in the village by the Hindus since 2003!!

But the media relentlessly blamed the Muslims for this. If this isn't the root cause of hate among different religious sects, then I don't know what is.

But that doesn't mean the administration wasn't wrong. They could've handled it way better.

Source- https://scroll.in/article/766597/ground-report-was-durga-pujo-really-banned-in-a-west-bengal-village

https://scroll.in/article/766597/ground-report-was-durga-pujo-really-banned-in-a-west-bengal-village

Yes Duurga Puja was banned in a remote village in Jarkhand border.

the strange thing about it is Mama Banerji had refused t permission for a Durga Puja because of pressure from Muslims in the Village

Terror Strikes

Category: General Discussions 4 weeks agol

What is the reason that these terrorists, leaving all rationality and sympathy behind, indulge in such heinous acts?

What measures should the administration take to stop them without hurting sentiments of the minorities?

There has been a lot of hue and cry over the incident that happened in Srinagar, where the army personnel tied a stone pelter to the Jeep to find an escape route since their lives were endangered. No doubt that opinions may be divided but is it not the duty of our politicians to take a balanced stand rather than support the terrorists which is exactly what Abdullah father/ son and the CPM is doing 

usha manohar wrote:

Terror Strikes

Category: General Discussions 4 weeks agol

What is the reason that these terrorists, leaving all rationality and sympathy behind, indulge in such heinous acts?

What measures should the administration take to stop them without hurting sentiments of the minorities?

There has been a lot of hue and cry over the incident that happened in Srinagar, where the army personnel tied a stone pelter to the Jeep to find an escape route since their lives were endangered. No doubt that opinions may be divided but is it not the duty of our politicians to take a balanced stand rather than support the terrorists which is exactly what Abdullah father/ son and the CPM is doing 

I saw this video where the young Kashmiri boys were slapping, kicking and mocking some Army Jawans who were just passing by.

I was amazed to see that none of the Jawans retaliated. They even had guns with them. No one talks about these videos, where our brave Jawans suffer such harassment . All they want to talk about is some stone pelter tied to a jeep for defense (and rightly so).

Watch the video....Its frustrating but gives the true measure of a soldier's patience. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wphe04tgfjg

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.