Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Muslims in India have a feeling that their identity will be destroyed by many of their practices being curbed or changed.  There is a time for reforms. Today there is a growing demand within the Muslim community for reforms and thus the time is right to do so. There is no point in making a law which will be flouted like the anti dowry act.

The fundamentalist Hindu group are working not for genuine concern for Muslim women. Their real object is to thrust Hindu personal law on all. The triple talaq is just an instrument. Every community/ personal law needs some reforms time to time. It should be really an issue for the Muslim scholars and leadership to initiate social reform as necessary.  Others need not interfere with Muslim personal law. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sorry. I do not think so. Just have a look at the meaningless Triple Talaq . You can see, it is not the Hindu fundamentalist, but Muslim fundamentalists kept alive the issue of Triple Talaq . Because they want to dominate entire Muslim Community.

If it is not due to Muslim fundamentalists, why many Muslim women rose against Triple Talaq ?

I read about a Muslim woman, who approached PM, Modi and expressed her opinion, that instead of living under the Draconian Triple Talaq, it is better to convert myself  as a Hindu., because, in Hinduism at least i can live peacefully, as there is no rule of divorcing a woman, by just uttering Talaq three times.

Triple Talaq is one side decision. With talaq life of both husband and wife effected. In triple Talaq only husband have right wife have not any right to speak or give clarification. It is unfair.

A prominent member and  member of the Muslim Law Board dared to speak up against rotten Triple Talaq. The woman questioned how a group  of 200, mostly male Members can arrogate to to itself, the power to oppose the popular sentiment against the practice Triple Talaq that plays havoc with the lives of Muslim women.

I liked her statement that it is Countries and men that make life of a woman so hard, not Islam.

anil wrote:

Triple Talaq is one side decision. With talaq life of both husband and wife effected. In triple Talaq only husband have right wife have not any right to speak or give clarification. It is unfair.

The muslim men, the religious leaders  have made sure that it is one sided although according to Islamic laws both men and women have the same rights for Talaq.. This is also a practice that is largely being practiced in India.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes. the main culprits behind Triple Talaq are Muslim fundamentalists. These fundamentalists are responsible for keeping Triple Talaq for their advantage,

We can see most of these fundamentalists are men. That is why in triple Talaq, it is the man who has the lat word.

A historic bill has been passed today in Lok Sabha. Anti triple talaq bill is a great gift to the community. Finally one government rose above the appeasement drive and tried to end the medieval patriarchal mindset

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar, suni51

Triple Talaque is not applicable in most countries including Muslim Countries so that cannot be the part of Shariya by any means. People in in India should accept this fact including Muslims. However this problem is not limited to Muslim community. We need more awareness in our society to restore women empowerment and give them equal status. The government should come forward and do more efforts for women community in India without any religious difference.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What is actually banned is not divorce as such. only saying Talaq instantly three times is banned. Thus if somebody pronounces Talaq at intervals of say- one month, this will be enforced.  If a husband wishes to divorce, he will not be able to do this instantly in a second, but he will do this in a few months time. The only relief to the woman is that she cannot be divorced instantly in spur of moment.

The ultimate remedy lies in making women self sufficient- financially and orally.  There are frequent divorces in west but this is no issue there. It is the women there who divorce their husbands just as somebody changes shirt. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In fact the right to divorce when things go miserably wrong is very essential in a democratic set up. But among Indan Muslims this right has been given to men to be used as and when they want  . It is not found in the Muslim dominated countries in the world but inspite of it our so called secular parties want to encourage the trend , with utter disregard for the plight of women like it happened in the case of Shah Bano where Rajeev Gandhi showed his insensitivity and minority appeasement policy. The step taken by Modi govt therefore is commendable and hope this paved the way for uniform civil code.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.