Einstein said- "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind."

This interesting yet sensitive topic has seen some conflicting opinions from the representatives of both Science as well as Religion. Humans have observed and understood most of the laws of nature and termed it as Science. But there's a lot that remains unexplained. A lot that faith (without reason) can explain.

Whatever thoughts you have on this topic, fire away!

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Both Science and Religion ultimately depend on faith , one proven and the other often unproven. However, we have seen many scientifically proven facts often at a later date being proven incorrect for whatever reason , many a times an opposite belief taking precedence. So , I don't understand why  religious facts are always disputed even when there are records and proof.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The records and proof offered by religious scripts cannot be verified and accounted for. Science also involves some guess work or hypothesis sometimes but it is based on fundamental concepts and is often proved right afterwards. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Thank you said by: rambabu

Read this article. One can know, there are several Hindu traditions which were proven scientifically.

http://desinema.com/hindu-traditions-scientific-reasons/

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

The records and proof offered by religious scripts cannot be verified and accounted for. Science also involves some guess work or hypothesis sometimes but it is based on fundamental concepts and is often proved right afterwards. 

Very true , I agree that science is based on fundamentals and proof . However, just for argument sake , many religious beliefs evolved with reason and were time tested by people who followed them. Here I am not taking into account the superstitious and blind beliefs .

Now that likes don't get points responses are being thanked left right and center ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

What is Science? This is defined.as systematized  knowledge.  Science depends on observation and experiment.  It is possible that what is considered correct today may be changed tomorrow on basis of fresh observation. But Science is same throughout the world. This does not divide us as religion does. Truth is same and hence Science is same everywhere. But religion depends on blind faith and so has different faces like Hindu, Islam, Sikh etc fighting each other. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Science is not the same every where. Today there are many scientific aspects which are yet to be proven

It becomes a scientific aspect only after it has been proved ...can rambabu give some examples of those scientific aspects that are yet to be proved

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Very true , I agree that science is based on fundamentals and proof . However, just for argument sake , many religious beliefs evolved with reason and were time tested by people who followed them. Here I am not taking into account the superstitious and blind beliefs .

Now that likes don't get points responses are being thanked left right and center ..

I agree! Many beliefs and rituals have evolved for a reason, and those reasons were normally substantial and necessary considering the circumstances that they evolved in. Some of them now may fall short of relevance and practicality as world has changed tremendously, grown closer together and hence some customs need to be revisited and changed or discarded. But totally seperating science from religion is quite wrong. Pure science and technology, without the basis of religion proves harmful and destructive.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Yes there were some intelligent scholars with  religious backgrounds who made important discoveries in the field of science. 

As far as the 'thank you(s)' on every post are concerned, where there is a will, there's definitely a way. (To get points)

Oscar Wilde

rambabu wrote:

Science is not the same every where. Today there are many scientific aspects which are yet to be proven

Science is continuous pursuit of knowledge through experimentation. The Scientists  may also disagree but attempt to come to an agreement by mutual discussion and further experimentation. However the fact remains that Science is universal and unlike religion, this is not different in various parts of world as religion is. This is because Science is true. On the other hand, religion is based more on superstitions, beliefs and traditions. That is why we have Hindu, Muslim, Christian etc.  Various religions continue fighting each other. There are acrimonious fights even among different sects of same religion. For example, the shaives (Shiva devotees) and vaishnav (Vishnu devotees) saints often enter in bloody battles.  The Sunni and shiya Muslim sects also have acrimonious relation..   

There is no meeting ground between Science and religion.  Here, let us also distinguish between religion and philosophy.  Many philosophical theories are rooted in religion. But a philosopher studies and tries to get knowledge about universe, God, nature through deep thoughts.  Philosophy can also be considered a Science- Science of soul. But a Philosophy student will not bind himself to any particular religion.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.