A while ago I was going through the list of the recipients of Dadasaheb Phalke award and it really saddened me. I found three evergreen voices, the likes of Mukesh, Md. Rafi and Kishore Kumar, were missing from the list which is very shocking in my opinion. What is your take on it? Sharing the link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dadasaheb_Phalke_Award

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Rafi, Mukesh and Kishore need no awards and honor because they are way beyond all that. However it shows how lax our leaders were since awards have been given posthumous ..

Incidentally , Devika Rani was the first recipient of the award in 1969 ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dadasaheb Phalke Award is presented to those who  contribute to the growth and development of Indian Cinema.

Rafi, Mukesh and Kishore are popular  singers. DadaSaheb himself produced India's first full length  feature film in 1913

rambabu wrote:

Dadasaheb Phalke Award is presented to those who  contribute to the growth and development of Indian Cinema.

Rafi, Mukesh and Kishore are popular  singers. DadaSaheb himself produced India's first full length  feature film in 1913

Hardly contributes to the discussion except give you points. But then you have never cared about that ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It really is surprising to know that three singers who transformed the Indian Cinema didn't receive the prestigious award. Neither did Rajesh Khanna, SD Burman and RD Burman.

Maybe the award didn't deserve them. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

The Award is meant for those who contribute to the growth and development of Indian cinema

The seat is given to only one person every year. There will always be many who deserve but may not get it. That does not demean those who do not get it. I also think it does not cast any aspersion on the leadership as they are not involved in decision making. There is a procedure and a committee which recommends. Let us not smell for in every thing. RAMBABU may be given 24 to 25000 points at the beginning of every year to free him from points earning compulsion.

rambabu wrote:

The Award is meant for those who contribute to the growth and development of Indian cinema

The Award is meant for young wrestlers who contribute to the growth and development of Indian Folk Dance.

Who said anything about Cinema? grimacing

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Mukesh,Md-Rafi,Kishore Kumar were a legendary singer,one award can't prove them.

There are many eligible and deserving candidates for awards but owing to limited numbers of awards many are omitted. This happens even when you invite guests to some functions. Balraj Sahani was also a strong candidate for Padma award but he could not get. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

There are many eligible and deserving candidates for awards but owing to limited numbers of awards many are omitted. This happens even when you invite guests to some functions. Balraj Sahani was also a strong candidate for Padma award but he could not get. 

Sir, the,topic is about Dadasaheb Phalke Award. Not Padma Awardas

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.