This is a  quote we often come across and this can be interpreted in any way one wants depending how personal perception goes . It is only the survivors who are in a position to write history ..Please add your own interpretation of this statement !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

To an extent it is indeed true. You only have to look at the Indian history and realise it has happened here, most of the history written is from the perspective of the Moghuls and later on the British followed by the minions they left when they freed India. Real history survived mostly because it was woven into tales and songs and passed on by oral tradition while remaining chunk was documented in bakhars and documents preserved in various muths and temples.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

I agree that most f our recent history is full of pot holes because​ most of  it has been written by people with vested interest.

Interestingly the history of Holocaust too is supposed to be exaggerated because it was written by allied forces. The account given by European​ nations is somewhat different esp on cold war..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Lot of unwritten history consists of perception and exaggeration of savage incidents. Their is the chronicle history which just records the events as they took place. Subsequent ideologies interpret these as per their wishes. Thus the same incident will appear differently during Congress and later on during BJP rule. Therefore a serious student of history has to guard against such biases to know the truth. But veryvfeecare interested in knowing the truth. Most of the time we are judgemental in nature.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

The unfortunate fact is that even the historians are open to bias as can be seen with many , so it simply depends on what we want to believe . I am simply amazed at the different versions they have of Mughal Kings which are totally contradictory in nature , the same goes for some of the prominent Indian rulers ..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The methods to preserve historical documents and scriptures were not that sophisticated as they are now. Some are discovered while some are swept with the tides of time. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Even some of the ones that were discovered were not complete so I guess the historians and researchers filled in the blanks to  the best of their knowledge trying to gather information through word of mouth .. As long as it remains within the pages, so problem but the problem comes in when it becomes an issue and begins to haunt the present day life like in Babri Masjid and Mughal Kings ..

The basic problem is in the authenticity of any history book. The historians should remain unbiased while writing a history book but it's a man's nature to form an opinion. Accordingly, when it is passed on through the different ages the readers too form a biased opinion about different historical events and facts. This creates some tension and tussle which is unhealthy for the humankind.

shampasaid

There are stories and sub stories that have evolved with time. Historic facts seem to get enhanced with time in some cases. There is a famous Shiva Temple in Dharmasthala close to Mangalore which is thriving mainly because of the additional historic facts that have been added on from time to time. It is the same case with all laces of worship and historical monuments .

History is exploited by everyone as per ones biases. So one has to struggle to know the real history.

Thank you said by: rambabu
vijay wrote:

History is exploited by everyone as per ones biases. So one has to struggle to know the real history.

Where can I get real history ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.