The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

If Kohli is not in form, how the selectors selected him. Another player should have been selected. Ravi Shastri is no way connected with this affair.

Are you kidding me? A player who just reclaimed the spot of the No.1 ODI Batsman in the world should've been dropped from the team? He has so much passion for the game and for his country.

Please don't comment if you don't follow cricket at all.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Definitely, Kohli should have been dropped. Instead the selectors took his past glory in to consideration. For this the selectors were fooled.

Dont forget the shaming defeat in the hands of Pakistan in the Champions trophy

It would be grateful if Anil Kumble reconsiders his decision. BCCI is now I'm a position to take a proper decision at the right time. I think it would be better if Anil Kumble continues his job. Virat Kohli plays a vital role in our team. But while we are playing for a country,  he should proceed with the team. Teamwork is needed all the time. Individual worship shouldn't be there anytime.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

That is a pertinent point. BCCI should take initiative to settle the differences between Kumble and Kohli. Both are needed for this country in general and Cricket in particular.

rambabu wrote:

Definitely, Kohli should have been dropped. Instead the selectors took his past glory in to consideration. For this the selectors were fooled.

Dont forget the shaming defeat in the hands of Pakistan in the IPL.

IPL.....What are you talking about? 

shampasaid

Please read it as Champions Trophy. Regrets for the mistake

rambabu wrote:

Dont forget the shaming defeat in the hands of Pakistan in the Champions trophy

Past Glory???

I'll tell you what. Go to Google. Type ICC ODI Batsmen ranking. Read the name on the top of the list. Then come back here and correct your statements. 

Google ? What for ? I Know Virat Kohle rifpght from his early days. But that is not the point here. The so called No ODI Batsman why he was out for an insignificant score. And he is the Skipper of tht Team.

Now, after this, come here and say that you were mistaken

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is very sad to see that Kumble had no choice but to resign due to his difference with Kohli. Kohli, no doubt is a great player and has contributed a lot to Indian cricket but this particular incident only shows that he has become arrogant and success has turned his head. Cricket, is no longer a gentleman's game but has turned into a money spinner for the BCCI which allowed this to happen. Goes to show what idol worship can do to people so young as Kohli that they no longer can respect and pay heed to a senior player who only has the best interests of the team in his heart!

You echo my viewpoint and sentiment. The worst part is, the BCCI gave more importance to Kohli and ignored Kumble. Remember how Ganguly was ignored and insulted by Greg Chappel, a foreign coach, and then the BCCI ignored its own player and captain but favoured Chappell. This time Kohli is the rising sun so he got more importance over Kumble who has retired long ago. The whole system is ridiculous. Chappell came and harmed Indian cricket but the BCCI kept quiet. This time again Kohli who is acting too smart may harm the Indian cricket as whole but is getting indulgence from the authorities, which is unacceptable. His arrogance will definitely harm the Indian side and to some extent, I think Ravi Shastri is playing his cards from behind.      

shampasaid

rambabu wrote:

Google ? What for ? I Know Virat Kohle rifpght from his early days. But that is not the point here. The so called No ODI Batsman why he was out for an insignificant score. And he is the Skipper of tht Team.

Now, after this, come here and say that you were mistaken

Only one match doesn't describe a player. Sachin also used to fail sometimes. Doesn't mean they would kick him out of the team.

God. It's like explaining to a 6 year old. Go drink your milk and stop commenting on cricket players who've achieved so much through their hard work that they don't need to hear critics with no knowledge about the sport.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.