The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Kumble's Coaching g is definitely strict. And it must be known, that irked Kohli. And it was the starting point of all these problems.

Kumble thought, instead of yielding to the Sknipper, he thought of walking away from the post of Coaching.

Many senior players like Sachin supported Kumble.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

As I've heard time and again on this forum that it takes two hands to clap. Then why in this situation, everyone is assuming that only Kohli was at fault. We've only heard one side of the argument. Then how can the Indian fans throw around the word "arrogant", "ungrateful', etc. without having the slightest idea of what happened in the dressing room or during practice.Maybe its the fickle-mindedness of the fans. Maybe its the price of fame that Virat is clearly paying.

If we are wishing to judge people based on rumors, then there was a rumor that "Kumble scolded the players like one would scold children." There was another story floating around that many other senior players were not happy with Kumble's style and that he was like an "alpha male of the dressing room." He wanted his say in the selection process which was actually none of his business.

Wait for the other side of the story. Then you can hurl the title of "spoilt brat" on a player of his stature. Probably Not.

Let me clear my stand that I love watching Kohli play.It can be definitely possible that Kumble was like school headmaster but this issue could have been easily sorted out by expressing the thoughts of the team. During the last championship, Virat never bothered to thank Kumble for the team's success which clearly indicates his arrogance which is highly deplorable. A player's potential and his behavioural attitude are two different things so one can easily argue about it.We must not forget Kumble's contribution as a player and also as a coach so Virat should not be given a clean chit as each and everyone knows that Kumble is a thorough gentleman. Maybe Virat was forced to act like that because of BCCI's hidden agenda then it's a different story altogether. Kohli will definitely take care of his career first then go against BCCI.  

I am definitely not talking about the two players' potential. Kumble is a legend and Virat is proving to be one. But the real issue is that everyone is forming a negative opinion of the skipper without even knowing what actually happened. These speculations are defaming Kohli as a public figure. Kumble came out all guns blazing with that letter he posted on twitter, which certainly put Kohli in bad light. This happened when the Indian team was gearing up for WI tour. All those abusive comments from fans that Kohli seems to be getting have obviously angered him and lowered his and the team's morale.

Anil Kumble, of all the people, should've understood that.

If Kumble said in that letter that BCCI attempted to resolve the issue and that it was his own decision to walk off, then there must be some truth in it.

You are of the opinion that Kumble should have understood about the morale of Indian team before the WI tour, then, what about Kumble's respect when Kohli put it at stake during the Press conferences? He never spoke about Kumble's contribution which is highly disrespectful. He is yet to reach the pinnacle in his career and I feel he needs to understand that achievers need to be humble and not arrogant. He is as arrogant as Ravi Shastri and the Kumble's fans will make him realize his fault 

The team lost Champions Trophy final. That too against Pakistan. After the disheartening loss, they have a few days to get their act together and gear up for the West Indies tour. And then comes Kumble's letter followed by the rant of angry fans (who were still angry over India's loss to Pak). If this doesn't lower the morale of any team, then I don't know what does.

It would've been too awkward if Kohli had taken Kumble's name in the press conference. And everyone is forgetting that besides Kohli, many of the unnamed senior players were unhappy with Kumble's style of coaching. Yet it was the skipper who took everything on himself. In previous press conferences, he was asked if his relation with the coach was alright. He could've spilled the beans then and there only, but he realized that a media uproar will be the last thing the team wants. That's not arrogance.

You are commenting absolutely on a different track while I am putting forward my point in a different angle. I am of the opinion that if kumble's outburst has made an adverse impact on the team's morale then so is the case with Kohli showing an ignoring attitude towards Kumble during press conferences. Kohli avoided the questions from media house just shows his presence of mind and nothing more than that. Well, we are totally on two different thought levels so there cannot be any agreement in our thoughts. BCCI has given an upper hand to Kohli right now but I am certain sooner or later BCCI will face the heat for such a decision. The senior players will definitely side by Kohli because their career depends on the captain and not on the coach, at the present moment Kohli's stars are favouring him so nothing doing.      

shampasaid

Kohli wanted or rather dreamed to make Kumble dance to his tunes. But, Kumble preferred to leave the Coach post, rather than dance to the tunes of Kohli.

A brave decision indeed.

rambabu wrote:

Kohli wanted or rather dreamed to make Kumble dance to his tunes. But, Kumble preferred to leave the Coach post, rather than dance to the tunes of Kohli.

A brave decision indeed.

Whatever we have come to know from the news section that both of them had some differences regarding their working style and that created a rift. Naturally, one decided to opt out and that's a matter of discussion why that lead to such a condition. Here, your comment 'dance to his tunes' sounds baseless. Kohli is well aware of Kumble's prolific career so he would have never dreamed of making him dance to his tunes. They are sportspersons and not politicians.

shampasaid

Will you please explain " how dancing to the tune" is baseless?

What I meant was, Kohli wanted to make, Kumble surrender to him, which he could not do.

rambabu wrote:

Will you please explain " how dancing to the tune" is baseless?

What I meant was, Kohli wanted to make, Kumble surrender to him, which he could not do.

I have already explained it in my previous comment that both of them disagreed with each other's way of approaching the game is the main issue. Kohli had his own opinion but that does not mean he wanted to control Kumble which is a far fetched statement. In such situations, either both will agree or disagree but will never make another one a puppet because both would try to bring laurels to the country and nothing else.    

shampasaid

If Kohli wanted to bring laurels to the Country, both Kumble and Kohli would have compromised with each other and shook hands. Rather fought with each other.

This behavior  set a bad example which.  Is not good to the Gentleman's game CRICKET.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

As I've heard time and again on this forum that it takes two hands to clap. Then why in this situation, everyone is assuming that only Kohli was at fault. We've only heard one side of the argument. Then how can the Indian fans throw around the word "arrogant", "ungrateful', etc. without having the slightest idea of what happened in the dressing room or during practice.Maybe its the fickle-mindedness of the fans. Maybe its the price of fame that Virat is clearly paying.

If we are wishing to judge people based on rumors, then there was a rumor that "Kumble scolded the players like one would scold children." There was another story floating around that many other senior players were not happy with Kumble's style and that he was like an "alpha male of the dressing room." He wanted his say in the selection process which was actually none of his business.

Wait for the other side of the story. Then you can hurl the title of "spoilt brat" on a player of his stature. Probably Not.

Let me clear my stand that I love watching Kohli play.It can be definitely possible that Kumble was like school headmaster but this issue could have been easily sorted out by expressing the thoughts of the team. During the last championship, Virat never bothered to thank Kumble for the team's success which clearly indicates his arrogance which is highly deplorable. A player's potential and his behavioural attitude are two different things so one can easily argue about it.We must not forget Kumble's contribution as a player and also as a coach so Virat should not be given a clean chit as each and everyone knows that Kumble is a thorough gentleman. Maybe Virat was forced to act like that because of BCCI's hidden agenda then it's a different story altogether. Kohli will definitely take care of his career first then go against BCCI.  

I am definitely not talking about the two players' potential. Kumble is a legend and Virat is proving to be one. But the real issue is that everyone is forming a negative opinion of the skipper without even knowing what actually happened. These speculations are defaming Kohli as a public figure. Kumble came out all guns blazing with that letter he posted on twitter, which certainly put Kohli in bad light. This happened when the Indian team was gearing up for WI tour. All those abusive comments from fans that Kohli seems to be getting have obviously angered him and lowered his and the team's morale.

If Kumble said in that letter that BCCI attempted to resolve the issue and that it was his own decision to walk off, then there must be some truth in it.

You are of the opinion that Kumble should have understood about the morale of Indian team before the WI tour, then, what about Kumble's respect when Kohli put it at stake during the Press conferences? He never spoke about Kumble's contribution which is highly disrespectful. He is yet to reach the pinnacle in his career and I feel he needs to understand that achievers need to be humble and not arrogant. He is as arrogant as Ravi Shastri and the Kumble's fans will make him realize his fault 

The team lost Champions Trophy final. That too against Pakistan. After the disheartening loss, they have a few days to get their act together and gear up for the West Indies tour. And then comes Kumble's letter followed by the rant of angry fans (who were still angry over India's loss to Pak). If this doesn't lower the morale of any team, then I don't know what does.

It would've been too awkward if Kohli had taken Kumble's name in the press conference. And everyone is forgetting that besides Kohli, many of the unnamed senior players were unhappy with Kumble's style of coaching. Yet it was the skipper who took everything on himself. In previous press conferences, he was asked if his relation with the coach was alright. He could've spilled the beans then and there only, but he realized that a media uproar will be the last thing the team wants. That's not arrogance.

You are commenting absolutely on a different track while I am putting forward my point in a different angle. I am of the opinion that if kumble's outburst has made an adverse impact on the team's morale then so is the case with Kohli showing an ignoring attitude towards Kumble during press conferences. Kohli avoided the questions from media house just shows his presence of mind and nothing more than that. Well, we are totally on two different thought levels so there cannot be any agreement in our thoughts. BCCI has given an upper hand to Kohli right now but I am certain sooner or later BCCI will face the heat for such a decision. The senior players will definitely side by Kohli because their career depends on the captain and not on the coach, at the present moment Kohli's stars are favouring him so nothing doing.      

Your argument doesn't prove Kumble right. It just shows that Kumble's outburst was a tit for tat case. 

Now for the BCCI case. Everyone wants to believe that it was BCCI that wanted the differences to remain unresolved. Everyone loves to imagine old, corrupt politicians planning and plotting against Kumble in their offices. I too would naturally want to believe that given their past records. But until the facts come out, its just imagination. Here are the facts-

1. Days after Kumble's departure, it has now emerged that the 46-year-old had asked for, in his 19-page proposal, accessed by the PTI, restructuring of contracts and that the "chief coach should earn 60 per cent of captain's estimated earnings". Kumble asked that his salary be hiked from Rs 6 crore to Rs 7 crore.

2. It is understood that, on Monday, before Kohli departed for the West Indies, he met the BCCI's top brass in London, as did Kumble in a separate meeting. The meetings were necessitated after the three-member CAC, comprising Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman, informed the BCCI that it had failed to resolve the impasse between Kohli and Kumble.

3. Ravi Shastri is just another contender for the post of Indian team coach. There's no way he could've influenced any of this. I won't be surprised if he's chosen as the next coach.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Your argument doesn't prove Kumble right. It just shows that Kumble's outburst was a tit for tat case. 

Now for the BCCI case. Everyone wants to believe that it was BCCI that wanted the differences to remain unresolved. Everyone loves to imagine old, corrupt politicians planning and plotting against Kumble in their offices. I too would naturally want to believe that given their past records. But until the facts come out, its just imagination. Here are the facts-

1. Days after Kumble's departure, it has now emerged that the 46-year-old had asked for, in his 19-page proposal, accessed by the PTI, restructuring of contracts and that the "chief coach should earn 60 per cent of captain's estimated earnings". Kumble asked that his salary be hiked from Rs 6 crore to Rs 7 crore.

2. It is understood that, on Monday, before Kohli departed for the West Indies, he met the BCCI's top brass in London, as did Kumble in a separate meeting. The meetings were necessitated after the three-member CAC, comprising Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman, informed the BCCI that it had failed to resolve the impasse between Kohli and Kumble.

3. Ravi Shastri is just another contender for the post of Indian team coach. There's no way he could've influenced any of this. I won't be surprised if he's chosen as the next coach.

Previously, I have made my stand clear that we both are arguing on different grounds. That's our own way to think about this particular issue. I am not here to argue and prove myself right. We all are free to discuss according to our own understanding. I have read the information you shared here in the newspaper and I feel, one can definitely ask for a pay hike. It can be agreed upon or not which creates dissatisfaction. Even Ganguly said in an intervieww that Kumble's resignation is his personal decision. So, it's all fine and we can differ in our opinion. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Previously, I have made my stand clear that we both are arguing on different grounds. That's our own way to think about this particular issue. I am not here to argue and prove myself right. We all are free to discuss according to our own understanding. I have read the information you shared here in the newspaper and I feel, one can definitely ask for a pay hike. It can be agreed upon or not which creates dissatisfaction. Even Ganguly said in an intervieww that Kumble's resignation is his personal decision. So, it's all fine and we can differ in our opinion. 

Fair Enough.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.