Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

I don't think banning the idea of a children's reality show is the solution. There's no question that it's a lot hectic for a kid and the people running the show tend to think only about the profit. But the child gets a platform to showcase and enhance his/her talent in front of millions of people. That kind of exposure also helps other children to learn and develop skills of their own.

There should be regulations which keep a check on how much the kids are made to work. The children should obviously be with a guardian most of the time so that they get emotional support.

You are absolutely right that they get their platform to show their talents. And as far as I know, even now in most of the cases, the child is accompanied by one guardian or the other. But the presence of a guardian might not be able to help him or her deal with the high pressure they sometimes undergo.  For instance, sometimes the judges speak in a very harsh manner which embarrass these participants and effect their personality. I once read about a participant of song based reality show. One of the judges had used very harsh words when giving the feedback. She felt so embarrass that she lost her voice for nearly 6months as she was psychologically affected.

Also as Kalyani rightly pointed out, its disgusting when these children some as young as 5 years start dancing provocatively like an adult. Where are their innocence while dancing in such manners? But not all the judges appreciate such dance. Once I watched an episode of Boogie woogie in which the Judges had scolded the child participant's mother for allowing her daughter to dance provocatively. Even though that participant had danced very nicely they refused to award her as they found her dance very provocative. There should be more judges like them.

Yes, sometimes judges are too harsh which is very humiliating for the children. Even in some cases, judges ridicule them in a very raw way which is again improper so there should be a code of conduct for the judges and the anchor of the show. 

Yes, the judges are too harsh sometimes and I think they don't have enough sense to distinguish between kids and adults. It is my personal opinion that majority of the judges shouldn't even be sitting in those sits as judges. They are only there because of their name and glamour and not because of any considerable talents. smirk

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.