Am now 59 years old, and enjoy wearing ear rings in both my ears.  I got this done on the advise of a spiritual person, as it is part of our Tamil Brahmin tradition in getting it done this way, that is, ear rings with a medium prized diamond stud and worn like the priests in temples. 

Most people have commented that it looks good and do comment that the traditions have to be preserved.  However, the younger elements sometimes poke some fun or pass some comments. 

Is this tradition of piercing both ears and wearing ear rings by men, a common culture among men of Karnataka and also Telengana/ AP?  I wish to know a little about this and would like readers to react. 

I do find some meaning in it, as it cools the mind and helps me to concentrate.  It is actually based on acupuncture, of some kind.  Kindly do let me know our views please.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Piercing ears,nose is common at many places including U.P. for wearing ear ring, rose ring etc.  But I personally dislike such practice. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is very difficult to link piercing with calmness of mind or other such benefits. It is a question of faith. Personally I feel it looks good on some persons. It is harmless.

My uncle's both wear ear studs and so do many of the older male members in my family  which was apparently the done thing,  but the practice is now vanishing with some male youngsters sporting earrings even nose tings as a fashion statement.. I doubt if there are any health reasons attributed to this practice. It is more a traditional practice.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I do not prefer to wearing ear rings but who wear it I do not mind. Its own choice who like it can wear it who do not like do not wear. 

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Same with me. Wearing rings looks funny. For girls and women it is OK.

rambabu wrote:

Same with me. Wearing rings looks funny. For girls and women it is OK.

Wearing rings in your ears is the only thing needed for you...Dizzy Face

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many tribals in traditional dresses look good with earrings.

Some of the tribal men from Western Ghats also wear nose rings  and anklets..

The Bonda Tribals, who live in AP's Malkangiri. These tribal both men and women  love to wear ear rings.

If it is a tradition don't ask any comments from others. You just follow it if you wish and don't bother others. Now the trend is changing and most of the people who not follow. But in hindu sastra it is compulsory because the ear which symbolize as "OM" and it is not fulfilled without ear piercing and the hole is considered as a dot and it is fulfilled as Tamil OM.  And also it have medicinal benefits.

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.