I came across an article in TOI and thought it would make an interesting topic for discussion. The forum members are men and women both so we can come up with our opinion to understand where we want to see the fashion of men or to be specific Indian men in the future. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/fashion/indian-men-are-experimenting-with-saris-and-skirts/articleshow/60133513.cms

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I read the link article. Though at a glance. it looked funny, after reading the article I found, Indian men are increasingly  embracing gender neutral fashion.

On the whole, I found the entire thing interesting.

Personally, I prefer trousers and shirts,. I don't think that most people on streets would appear in skirts or saris.  This may be okay in movies or fashion show but not in real life. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

But, as the link says, these men are experimenting on gender neutral fashion.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Personally, I prefer trousers and shirts,. I don't think that most people on streets would appear in skirts or saris.  This may be okay in movies or fashion show but not in real life. 

My opinion is similar to yours. For shutterbugs, movies and so on the trend can be fine but watching males on the road in female attire will definitely raise eyebrows. Maybe after some years, our eyes will get accustomed to such dressing style then it will be absolutely okay. Ladies wear gents' dresses and we accept it readily so it may not become a laughing stock or a point of criticism in the future. 

shampasaid

Definitely not! The fashion shows are only designed for certain people and the models walk on the ramp wearing such clothes because they get a lot of money for wearing them. How silly it would look to see men, built so differently, wearing clothes that are designed make feminine figures more flattering. It would kill all the fun in life but certainly, it would be amusing to see it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya, usha manohar, jabeen
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Definitely not! The fashion shows are only designed for certain people and the models walk on the ramp wearing such clothes because they get a lot of money for wearing them. How silly it would look to see men, built so differently, wearing clothes that are designed make feminine figures more flattering. It would kill all the fun in life but certainly, it would be amusing to see it.

For the men it would be quite thrilling, I suppose. See, when ladies wear trousers they look super confident so when men would go for ladies' attire then they will behave like a coy person. Hopefully, it will reduce their dominating attitude.Laughing  

shampasaid

LOL. It would be good if men wear these dresses,  Men's dominating attitude goes off.

I think men look bogus on wearing women dress. I do not support to do this. But overall Its funny .

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

True. That is why I laughed. Men wearing these Half women and half dresses look  like HIJRAS  that is half man and half women

Men and women are now dressing in similar fashion. Both are wearing jeans.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.