Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Of Course, I agree with you. Present;y both men and women are wearing Jeans. Jeans have become a common dress for both men and women

In fact when I was in China many years ago it was difficult to distinguish from behind as to who was a male and who was a female. They both dressed similarly. It was very monotonous dress sense. We in India are also heading towards a singular dress for male and female. The variety of dresses especially for females are vanishing. Already saree is a casualty. But it is individuals choice to dress as they like.

One may like or dislike it is an individual's choice but we need to accept the fact that when ladies can opt the dresses of their counterpart then in no way we can restrict the males to wear the dresses made for them only. Nowadays, some males are using ear tops which are not very common but not unusual too. It is a change for the good or not is a secondary question but the experiment is on which has to be accepted.

shampasaid

I agree First of all, I would like to ask, who on earth gave anybody the right to prescribe a particular dress to a particular Sex ?

I am of the opinion, it is a question of choice and liking of an individual

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

One may like or dislike it is an individual's choice but we need to accept the fact that when ladies can opt the dresses of their counterpart then in no way we can restrict the males to wear the dresses made for them only. Nowadays, some males are using ear tops which are not very common but not unusual too. It is a change for the good or not is a secondary question but the experiment is on which has to be accepted.

In African countries like Somalia , Ethiopia , Chad etc men and women wear the same kind of long dresses and head dresses . In Scotland men wear Kilts for formal occasions which is nothing but a pleated skirt. Similarly , Arab men and women wear the same long dresses , the only distinction is in color while men stick to white and pale brown ladies wear black.

When something becomes a norm it is becomes accepted.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Definitely not! The fashion shows are only designed for certain people and the models walk on the ramp wearing such clothes because they get a lot of money for wearing them. How silly it would look to see men, built so differently, wearing clothes that are designed make feminine figures more flattering. It would kill all the fun in life but certainly, it would be amusing to see it.

For the men it would be quite thrilling, I suppose. See, when ladies wear trousers they look super confident so when men would go for ladies' attire then they will behave like a coy person. Hopefully, it will reduce their dominating attitude.Laughing  

Yes, I think wearing sarees would certainly restrict their movements and lead to less violence and other criminal and so called macho activities!Grin

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

LOL By wearing Sarees , there is a possibility for men  to commit less crimes against women

Here in India, men wearing Sarees and move in public places evokes laughter.

rambabu wrote:

LOL By wearing Sarees , there is a possibility for men  to commit less crimes against women

Here in India, men wearing Sarees and move in public places evokes laughter.

So I suggest that men accused of sex crimes against women be required by order of court to wear sarees at least for one year and appear at least once in week at relevant police station in saree. This will be appropriate punishment. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

A good suggestion.  really such  thing will definitely reduce the atrocities committed on women.

It's very funny because neither has ever happened nor will it ever happen, Man will feel very weird if he will wear women's dresses and he will not like himself and the others will laugh at him. So I don't support to do this.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.