Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

True.. Imagine a man wearing a sari wandering in the streets of your Locality. Onlookers burst in to uncontrollable laughter

Not only you nobody will support such a thing. Of course , it evokes laughter

When women themselves are discarding sarees it  is not right to expect men to wear them.

No. I don't think women are discarding Sarees. Come to Southern India, especially AP, women love to wear Sarees. In fashion shows Sari clad women are being preferred by the Organizers of the Fashion Parades held in AP.

saris are suitable to Women If a woman wears it looks elegant and beautiful. But If a man wears Sari, he will look like a Joker

vijay wrote:

When women themselves are discarding sarees it  is not right to expect men to wear them.

No, it's not true. Women are definitely wearing a various type of dresses but saree has a prominent place in their wardrobe. According to the region as well as the age group, the fascination for saree may have got affected a bit but still, a whole lot of ladies love to wear it. In Bengal or among the Bengalis, saree is the ultimate choice for any special occasion.   

shampasaid

Saree as daily wear is losing to jean culture. It is becoming a special occassion dress.

vijay wrote:

Saree as daily wear is losing to jean culture. It is becoming a special occassion dress.

No, I don't agree. Saree and salwar kameej are very much in vogue among the ladies except the teenagers and the twenty to thirty age group. 

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

One may like or dislike it is an individual's choice but we need to accept the fact that when ladies can opt the dresses of their counterpart then in no way we can restrict the males to wear the dresses made for them only. Nowadays, some males are using ear tops which are not very common but not unusual too. It is a change for the good or not is a secondary question but the experiment is on which has to be accepted.

In African countries like Somalia , Ethiopia , Chad etc men and women wear the same kind of long dresses and head dresses . In Scotland men wear Kilts for formal occasions which is nothing but a pleated skirt. Similarly , Arab men and women wear the same long dresses , the only distinction is in color while men stick to white and pale brown ladies wear black.

When something becomes a norm it is becomes accepted.

Although I would never appreciate women attire for men, one has to accept the fact that with time choice may change and accepting the change will be an intelligent move. You shared a good piece of information. 

shampasaid

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Definitely not! The fashion shows are only designed for certain people and the models walk on the ramp wearing such clothes because they get a lot of money for wearing them. How silly it would look to see men, built so differently, wearing clothes that are designed make feminine figures more flattering. It would kill all the fun in life but certainly, it would be amusing to see it.

For the men it would be quite thrilling, I suppose. See, when ladies wear trousers they look super confident so when men would go for ladies' attire then they will behave like a coy person. Hopefully, it will reduce their dominating attitude.Laughing  

Yes, I think wearing sarees would certainly restrict their movements and lead to less violence and other criminal and so called macho activities!Grin

Kalyani, suppose it becomes true then it will be wonderful if the ladies start promoting and campaigning for the men to switch to the female dresses.Laughing 

shampasaid

Very true. I agree with you fully

RAMBABU in a bi----. Wow

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.