It is a known fact that among Hindus, it is a ritual that son would cremate his parents or any dead family member and not the daughters. Gradually, a shift from this age old ritual has started taking place. Daughters are performing the last rites in the same manner as the son does. Do you support or oppose it? 

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Neither I support nor oppose.

There is a saying Religion is made by the man. It is in the hands pf these men. Hinduism can be made as humans

Yes I support your point Miss shampa ji because we see that daughters are no less than sons in any work, and daughters are also part of father and mother so she can do this work too. I don't know whether something has happened so far or not but if that happens, then I do not feel anything wrong in it.

Yes. There is nothing wrong if a girl performs last rites

Means you are support it......

Then why did you wrote that neither I support nor oppose.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Who said i wrote It/

rambabu wrote:

Who said i wrote It/

You did so in your very first post on this thread. Now, kindly do not argue just for the sake of it and kill the thread without having an impactful discussion. Well, the choice is yours. I can only request you.  

shampasaid

vikram wrote:

Yes I support your point Miss shampa ji because we see that daughters are no less than sons in any work, and daughters are also part of father and mother so she can do this work too. I don't know whether something has happened so far or not but if that happens, then I do not feel anything wrong in it.

1. There are some instances where the daughters who do not have brothers are performing the rites and doing everything as the son would have done it.

2. Even I know daughters who performed all the rites along with her brother because she knew that her father had never discriminated against any child.

3. Some daughters are there who did not prefer to perform the last rites of their parents rather requested their cousin brother to do the needful.

I do not support the daughters who come in the third category.   

shampasaid

To whom soever  it may concern, \

If I committed a mistake knowingly or unknowingly, I may please be excused.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vikram wrote:

1. There are some instances where the daughters who do not have brothers are performing the rites and doing everything as the son would have done it.

2. Even I know daughters who performed all the rites along with her brother because she knew that her father had never discriminated against any child.

3. Some daughters are there who did not prefer to perform the last rites of their parents rather requested their cousin brother to do the needful.

I do not support the daughters who come in the third category.   

Yes you are right but  girls of Third category are, those who are always kept behind for every work and they do not know about their rights and Parents need to tell them their rights. i think there is no mistake of girls in this because if there is no son in a family then in such situation a big person in the family should do this work with the daughter.

Last rites in Hindu religion are very tiring and need some physical strength. Al girls may not be so strong.  My father died in 2010. I performed the last rites as son.  The last rites were for several days. I had not to shave my hair and beard for several days and sleep on floor. Also at Haidwar. I had to perform several functions including fetching several buckets from Ganges river and watering the Peepal tree.

The tradition is that sons perform the rites.  If the tradition changes and daughters perform, there is no issue. The purpose is only that physical body of the dead needs be disposed. I feel that electronic cremation should be adopted by all. 

Here I take an opportunity to tell what I want about my own cremation. There should be no religious rites and body should be disposed in electric crematorium.  It does not matter who performs the process at electric crematorium. That can be any body- man or woman, relative or unrelated.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.