Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Tthat is exactly, what I wanted to tell. Electric Cremetorium.

vikram wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vikram wrote:

Yes I support your point Miss shampa ji because we see that daughters are no less than sons in any work, and daughters are also part of father and mother so she can do this work too. I don't know whether something has happened so far or not but if that happens, then I do not feel anything wrong in it.

1. There are some instances where the daughters who do not have brothers are performing the rites and doing everything as the son would have done it.

2. Even I know daughters who performed all the rites along with her brother because she knew that her father had never discriminated against any child.

3. Some daughters are there who did not prefer to perform the last rites of their parents rather requested their cousin brother to do the needful.

I do not support the daughters who come in the third category.   

Yes you are right but  girls of Third category are, those who are always kept behind for every work and they do not know about their rights and Parents need to tell them their rights. i think there is no mistake of girls in this because if there is no son in a family then in such situation a big person in the family should do this work with the daughter.

I have seen such ladies who come from a decent background, are qualified and have a very sound husband and in-laws behind them but still, they failed to show that courage which was required to take a progressive decision. In such a scenario only one thought must come to one's mind that being daughter if she had no qualms about being a daughter then how can anyone else be the better or right person to perform the last rites. Inner strength matters and nothing else.   

shampasaid

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Last rites in Hindu religion are very tiring and need some physical strength. Al girls may not be so strong.  My father died in 2010. I performed the last rites as son.  The last rites were for several days. I had not to shave my hair and beard for several days and sleep on floor. Also at Haidwar. I had to perform several functions including fetching several buckets from Ganges river and watering the Peepal tree.

The tradition is that sons perform the rites.  If the tradition changes and daughters perform, there is no issue. The purpose is only that physical body of the dead needs be disposed. I feel that electronic cremation should be adopted by all. 

Here I take an opportunity to tell what I want about my own cremation. There should be no religious rites and body should be disposed in electric crematorium.  It does not matter who performs the process at electric crematorium. That can be any body- man or woman, relative or unrelated.  

I respect your wish. Well, I have heard from my father and uncles that during the death of my grandparents, it was a matter of one month and was very rigorous. Nowadays everything is getting simplified and usually, families finish every duty within fifteen days. I am of the opinion that daughters should not be denied the right of cremation. Many girls are ignoring the social pressure and acting according to their heart's call. But, what hurts me is when daughters fail to be mentally strong and ask some third person male to perform the rite. After being educated if they hesitate to take a call just because they are daughters and depend upon a male relative is a wrong stand in this 21st century.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vikram wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vikram wrote:

Yes I support your point Miss shampa ji because we see that daughters are no less than sons in any work, and daughters are also part of father and mother so she can do this work too. I don't know whether something has happened so far or not but if that happens, then I do not feel anything wrong in it.

1. There are some instances where the daughters who do not have brothers are performing the rites and doing everything as the son would have done it.

2. Even I know daughters who performed all the rites along with her brother because she knew that her father had never discriminated against any child.

3. Some daughters are there who did not prefer to perform the last rites of their parents rather requested their cousin brother to do the needful.

Yes you are right but  girls of Third category are, those who are always kept behind for every work and they do not know about their rights and Parents need to tell them their rights. i think there is no mistake of girls in this because if there is no son in a family then in such situation a big person in the family should do this work with the daughter.

I have seen such ladies who come from a decent background, are qualified and have a very sound husband and in-laws behind them but still, they failed to show that courage which was required to take a progressive decision. In such a scenario only one thought must come to one's mind that being daughter if she had no qualms about being a daughter then how can anyone else be the better or right person to perform the last rites. Inner strength matters and nothing else.   

Yes you are absolutely right that inner strength is everything and under such circumstances girls should have the impression that, Their rights over their family is more than their cousins.

Then the girls will be able to perform this action.

vikram wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vikram wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vikram wrote:

Yes you are absolutely right that inner strength is everything and under such circumstances girls should have the impression that, Their rights over their family is more than their cousins.

Then the girls will be able to perform this action.

This is exactly what my opinion is. The moment girls who do not have a brother request their cousin brothers for cremation then it proves those daughters somehow accept the fact that they are not equal. This is ridiculous. Girls need to stand against such a stigma.      

shampasaid

I support daughters in current times daughters are sometimes better than sons and always equal. so there should be more activities to eliminate gender discrimination...

Having gender discrimination, is both undesirable and unwanted..In fact,as far as, efficiency and capabilities are concerned, both the sexes are equal.

Sonch wrote:

I support daughters in current times daughters are sometimes better than sons and always equal. so there should be more activities to eliminate gender discrimination...

For me boys and girls both are precious. I am against the gender discrimination that the females face. To eliminate it entirely from the society the daughters have to stand against the evil practice. It is difficult for the uneducated ones but educated girls must stand their ground firmly. If they give up easily and accept the age old discrimination then it is extremely shameful. When a daughter can nurse their family members then, why should they be stopped from doing the last rites?     

shampasaid

There is definitely lot of truth in your saying.

The rule that females are not eligible to perform last rites, is mere fallacy, created by Males.

Few rituals can be changed with time....this is the beauty of Hindutav and we must appreciate this fact

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.