We all come across transgenders or enunchs, begging for money at traffic signal or at functions and wedding. They have no option but to beg or go for prostitution for living. Please feel free to give your opinion about improving their condition

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

While it is a pity to see them and their plight , it is also a fact that this is at some stage connected with religion and blind Faith. The government can only do so much but unless the attitude of the people towards them and theirs towards the society changes things will go on as they are . Other than politics I am yet to see their presence in any other field. We have a substantial number of them waiting at the toll booths , literally harassing people to pay them , and they don't leave you alone until you pay them at least 10 rupees. But they normally leave the lady drivers alone..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

While it is a pity to see them and their plight , it is also a fact that this is at some stage connected with religion and blind Faith. The government can only do so much but unless the attitude of the people towards them and theirs towards the society changes things will go on as they are . Other than politics I am yet to see their presence in any other field. We have a substantial number of them waiting at the toll booths , literally harassing people to pay them , and they don't leave you alone until you pay them at least 10 rupees. But they normally leave the lady drivers alone..

I totally agree with you. But if we see deep, we leave them with no option but to beg or to go for prostitution for their living. 

I have been to many countries but no where I found such scenes of transgender begging. Sometimes I feel that it is wastage of some useful resources of country due to societal mindset. 

What is needed is sensitisation of people towards these group of people. The society need to accept them as they are. In Imphal too, we have many transgender- males who identify themselves as women and dresses & behaves like them and also females who identify themselves as males. They were ridiculed by many in the past. But people are slowly accepting them. In fact many of them are famous make up artisans, theatre artist, hair stylists, etc. They have their own association which take up any issues related to their rights.

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I totally agree with you. But if we see deep, we leave them with no option but to beg or to go for prostitution for their living. 

I have been to many countries but no where I found such scenes of transgender begging. Sometimes I feel that it is wastage of some useful resources of country due to societal mindset. 

It is a unique feature of India and it started with the Mughals and their harems.... however, I see a couple of spokespersons of AIADMK who are transgenders, very vocal and intelligent. Nitish Kumar has made provisions for job reservations for them but I am not sure that would solve the issue. They need to mingle and become part of the mainstream society and until that acceptance comes they will find the going tough. I speak to some of them while waiting for the toll and I find that they don't realize they have rights and reservation under OBC quota for education and jobs. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

Thank you Usha. I never knew about the past and would like to know more about Mughals and their harems. Will try to google and read.

In fact I meet many daily on traffic lights while commuting to work and feel that they have become an inseparable part of my life and have many a times helped me by bringing the serenity to my life. In fact I have written blogs too about them.

Thank you Usha. I never knew about the past and would like to know more about Mughals and their harems. Will try to google and read.

In fact I meet many daily on traffic lights while commuting to work and feel that they have become an inseparable part of my life and have many a times helped me by bringing the serenity to my life. In fact I have written blogs too about them.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I think in India maximum number of people are not very aware about the transgenders. Actually, many are afraid of them so it won't be very easy for the transgenders to get included in the mainstream society. The outlook of the society can change only when they become well informed about them. It can happen so only when people are taught about them and must instill confidence within both the sections that neither of the two are harmful for one another.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
Arunima Singh wrote:

There was a very detailed program made by the discovery channel and it was very informative. While some are naturally born , some men are made that way through rituals . .they have several temples in Gujarat and Maharashtra  where a cock is worshipped. It is interesting how these customs and traditions take shape ..

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

There was a very detailed program made by the discovery channel and it was very informative. While some are naturally born , some men are made that way through rituals . .they have several temples in Gujarat and Maharashtra  where a cock is worshipped. It is interesting how these customs and traditions take shape ..

OH my God! I find that shocking!!

The other day my brother told me that he finds an increase in their numbers in Delhi's traffic signal. He also told me that this has become a con job too. There are males who are jobless and so they dress up like these transgenders and beg for their living. They also find this good way as it involves less physical work. I was shocked. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.