Many influences come our way. Incidences leave a mark on us. This can be positive or negative. Share your experiences where a stranger has left a strong mark on you....

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes that can happen , sometimes you don't realise the impact until much later. I remember one incident that happened while we were traveling by car to Bangalore. We stopped near Haasan at a very scenic place and got ourselves locked out. No matter what we did , the doors remained firmly shut. Suddenly a car that was passing pulled to the side and the driver asked what the problem was and then the owner , an elderly man got off from the back seat and instructed his driver to bend down near the front tyre and pull a certain lever ..while he and my husband were fiddling around, the gentleman went to have car and got a lovely silk cotton shawl and offered to my daughter because it was cold and she was in a sleeveless dress. The lock opened and the person introduced himself as one of the trustees of the turf club at Bangalore , gave us a pass for the derby races next day  and left. We realised the shawl was with us , in fact we still have it with us..my husband and brother in law went to the races next day but could not locate him since he was busy in hs office.. a thorough gentleman !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are many such strangers who have left a mark on me. I am confused from which story I should start but must admit that every stranger made a powerful impact on me. 

shampasaid

One evening I was walking back home when suddenly a voice caught my ears. I looked up and saw a middle aged man sitting on a rickshaw, which was waiting at the roadside, saying something to me. I looked up at him and simply wanted to ignore as he was an unknown man but my feet did not move. I stood in front of his rickshaw and answered whatever he asked me. It was about my family and so on. What struck me was that he told me, no one with impure heart would have the strength to stand in front of him and answered him so calmly. The people with guilt would choose the far of path from him he further quipped. I simply remained quiet while he blessed me and went away. I was hardly in my early twenties so was unable to understand his comment. I went home and told my father. He simply told me to enjoy the praise I received. I never met that man again but sometimes I wonder what was that all about.    

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

One evening I was walking back home when suddenly a voice caught my ears. I looked up and saw a middle aged man sitting on a rickshaw, which was waiting at the roadside, saying something to me. I looked up at him and simply wanted to ignore as he was an unknown man but my feet did not move. I stood in front of his rickshaw and answered whatever he asked me. It was about my family and so on. What struck me was that he told me, no one with impure heart would have the strength to stand in front of him and answered him so calmly. The people with guilt would choose the far of path from him he further quipped. I simply remained quiet while he blessed me and went away. I was hardly in my early twenties so was unable to understand his comment. I went home and told my father. He simply told me to enjoy the praise I received. I never met that man again but sometimes I wonder what was that all about.    

There are some people in this world who do not expect anything from anyone but share whatever they have with others. They are the ones who are truly enlightened . They see quality in people regardless of what their status in life is ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Recently it rained heavily in Bangalore and there were many tree falls. We had one tree branch that fell in the night. It was just on the narrow turn on Bannerghatta Road. We had a few minor accidents in the morning when vehicles took a sudden turn due to view blocked ahead. For two days the huge branch laid there. This elderly couple took turns to stay there with placard written" tree fallen ahead" both in English and Kannada. They helped to monitor the traffic and avoid accidents. They had umbrella as it was drizzling most of the times. A selfless and responsible act.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Arunima Singh wrote:

Recently it rained heavily in Bangalore and there were many tree falls. We had one tree branch that fell in the night. It was just on the narrow turn on Bannerghatta Road. We had a few minor accidents in the morning when vehicles took a sudden turn due to view blocked ahead. For two days the huge branch laid there. This elderly couple took turns to stay there with placard written" tree fallen ahead" both in English and Kannada. They helped to monitor the traffic and avoid accidents. They had umbrella as it was drizzling most of the times. A selfless and responsible act.

That is really grate and we should be  happy to have such people who are selfless and don't expect anything back in our society. Can we expect the elected leaders to do any such thing to take care of their own constituency . It never happens and we keep voting them back to power.

Arunima Singh wrote:

That's remarkable. Every citizen must be thankful to such caring people and take lesson too. So, age is just a number. One can overcome any hurdle to help others if there is a desire to do so. Hats off to them.   

shampasaid

In my school one of the male teacher coming from a village close by is admired by all of us. He comes from a lower middle class agricultural family , living with his parents wife and children. They have a field where they cultivate rice and vegetables and pulses in between the season. Every year during monsoons he and his two small children have to literally Wade in water to reach the road, then take a bus to come to school. And with all that they carry vegetables in baskets over their head to distribute at school . Even the little ones carry a few. He had been denied promotion time and again by the state government because he is from a higher caste. Last year when a young , incompetent teacher was promoted the entire staff and students went on strike , and he was finally given his due after a lot of scuffle  ..the best thing about him is his attitude and positive spirit of endurance !

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

In my school one of the male teacher coming from a village close by is admired by all of us. He comes from a lower middle class agricultural family , living with his parents wife and children. They have a field where they cultivate rice and vegetables and pulses in between the season. Every year during monsoons he and his two small children have to literally Wade in water to reach the road, then take a bus to come to school. And with all that they carry vegetables in baskets over their head to distribute at school . Even the little ones carry a few. He had been denied promotion time and again by the state government because he is from a higher caste. Last year when a young , incompetent teacher was promoted the entire staff and students went on strike , and he was finally given his due after a lot of scuffle  ..the best thing about him is his attitude and positive spirit of endurance !

He is a great example from whom we need to learn that during difficult time too one need to be determined. This definitely gives him a lot of mental strength and an inner satisfaction. But, I usually feel that those who have a great amount of endurance, suffer the most. Thus, I have a question to God: why so?    

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

He is a great example from whom we need to learn that during difficult time too one need to be determined. This definitely gives him a lot of mental strength and an inner satisfaction. But, I usually feel that those who have a great amount of endurance, suffer the most. Thus, I have a question to God: why so?    

I think it is because they have the capacity to endure a lot more than the rest of the people and they don't hesitate to take on others troubles and burdens willingly.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.