Majority community in India considers cows as sacred and even mother (Gomata). But practically, the buffallows  are better cared for while the cows roam about and depend on street garbage for survival.  what is the use of such cow worship. 

Whatever be the feelings, ground reality is that  people need buffallows more than cows. Everyone takes buffalow milk only.  They just protect cow from slaughter and nothing else. What is the solution?  A domestic animal- as cow is classified- can survive only if useful. Then the only alternative seems to treat cows as wild animals and shift them to wild life sanctuaries. else people need change their habits and drink / use cow milk. 

Please share your views. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Down south cows milk is much more in use so they are well cared for. Basically, we human beings are very selfish and look at everything from our point of view as to how useful and important they are to us and make laws accordingly ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Down south cows milk is much more in use so they are well cared for. Basically, we human beings are very selfish and look at everything from our point of view as to how useful and important they are to us and make laws accordingly ..

I am writing from pragmatic viewpoint. A cow is an animal and not 'mother'  or your family member. You will not have any domestic animal unless you need. That is why you have to think of steps to make cows useful as domestic animal if you want to save them from slaughter.  If you can't do this the only way is to send them to wild life sanctuary as wild animal or remove ban on cow slaughter.  There is another alternative and that only staunch and real cow worshipers may do-  serve cow just like mother without any selfish motive with money as well as physical service. 

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:

Even in northeastern states, people prefer cow's milk . So they are well cared. But I do agree with Gulshan's viewpoint that just worshipping cow as 'mata' or killing people in the name of 'gou rakshak' holds no meaning if these cows are not cared for at other times. In many places, we often come across group of cows let loose in the street. They depend on waste available in the street for their survival, even spending the night in street. Its so sad to notice that they are not even cared for by the owners.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

The cow indeed was a very useful animal till a few years back. However with mechanisation of farm activities the cow has lost its importance. It is now only of use to its owners till she gives milk. After that she is a burden and is of no use economically. It is here where the troubles start. Lot many persons who do not own cows are champions of saving the cows. In the procews it is the cow which suffers.

I agree with all the statements above but if a particular community has special feeling with an ANIMAL what is the harm if that could be spared the knife. But we Indians always try to make molehills out of small things. The issue is not as important as it has become lately for the sake of votes.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:

I agree with all the statements above but if a particular community has special feeling with an ANIMAL what is the harm if that could be spared the knife. But we Indians always try to make molehills out of small things. The issue is not as important as it has become lately for the sake of votes.

It is okay to save the cow from butcher. but then who will care for cow unless the animal is useful?  No doubt a particular community as special feeling for the animal but then that particular community must assume responsibility for proper are of the animal.  Mere reverence will not work. The special feeling cannot be allowed to create nuisance. 

The cow needs to be taken care of even when it is not useful but that does not happen. It creates unholy situations of coercsion where goons blackmail rightful owners of cows.

Goons take undue advantage from everything that lets them do that and cow might be just one of those opportunities for them. We should concentrate on welfare of cows and help the rightful owners irrespective of what religion they belong to. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.