Actually my topic is more about those who don't really care about conserving nature nor respect nature. 

Nowadays I see a lot of concerned people gifting saplings at weddings and other events rather than give sweet. At one such occasion I attended in Bangalore , I noticed some people throwing away the carefully packed saplings just outside the hall. I was shocked to see this coming from educated , well placed people ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That was a very mean thing to throw away the saplings. If the receiver were not in a position to look after the saplings, they could have given it away to someone else who could do so. Having said that, I feel that taking care of plants or animals is a very big responsibility and one should think properly before gifting saplings to others.

Sometimes i see people planting saplings to mark some occasion such as World environment day, anniversary of something or other and then forgetting about them. I feel that instead of making it a one day affair, people especially the children should be encouraged to love nature and care about it.

jabeen wrote:

That was a very mean thing to throw away the saplings. If the receiver were not in a position to look after the saplings, they could have given it away to someone else who could do so. Having said that, I feel that taking care of plants or animals is a very big responsibility and one should think properly before gifting saplings to others.

Sometimes i see people planting saplings to mark some occasion such as World environment day, anniversary of something or other and then forgetting about them. I feel that instead of making it a one day affair, people especially the children should be encouraged to love nature and care about it.

I agree that not all people would want saplings nor care about growing plants and they cannot be forced to do so. Here we celebrate Vana Mahotsav during the beginning of monsoon and all schools make it a point to celebrate it by distributing saplings to others and planting them in certain areas approved by the corporation and the corporator. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes to protect our environment from pollution we have to grow plants. But with the coming of this apartment culture people are unable to grow plants at their place but throwing away a sapling given to you as gift  is very wrong. They can give it to some park or temples near their place. Even at our place temples are giving sapling as Prasad to protect the environment and give our future generations a better place to live.

Growing plants and trees are very important in today's day and age. I feel that it becomes the duty of every citizen to take care of the Green cover and to ensure that it flourishes. Lack of green pockets has led to Global warming and we are facing the brunt of it.

That was such a mean thing to do. If those people did not care about the saplings either because they did not like them much or probably didn't know where to plant them, They should either have refused politely to accept them or given them away to people who could and were willing to take care of them. It is lack of such apathy towards nature that is causing so many problems.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

The reality is that life has become very materialistic so most of the people expect an expensive gift other than a sapling which does not cost much. What people forget is that saplings are the source of the most precious gift called life. Wasting it means wasting the life of the upcoming generation.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The reality is that life has become very materialistic so most of the people expect an expensive gift other than a sapling which does not cost much. What people forget is that saplings are the source of the most precious gift called life. Wasting it means wasting the life of the upcoming generation.  

True Shampa! Unless the gift costs a sizeable amount of money or comes from a branded shop or store, other gifts are seen as useless or meaningless by many. To be honest, nowadays most people are not even capable of 'thinking' with their brains or process information in a proper manner. Even though they might have been told why they are being gifted the saplings, most of the information have been lost in the air.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51, Arunima Singh, Shampa Sadhya

Throwing away packed saplings its a really sad truth. Lack of the proper care many saplings dried up.

They must try to water it and take care of such sapling.    

Be positive

I fee that there should be a choice rather than forcing people to take the saplings. There are many people who do not like to grow plants even if they have the convenience to do so ..

Sad incident!!

But I do agree that it can not be forced. Sapling should be a choice. We should give such precious gifts only to like minded people. Those who really value it. Also many a times I have realized that in many events such sapling gifts are an eye wash and a show off of pseudo concern. 

It is sad but true that HUMAN, the most advanced and intellect species is the only one who does not contribute productively towards Nature in it's day to day activities. It only robs the Nature and gets concerned only when the alarm rises. Then it thinks of other alternative way to exploit it for it's own benefit.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.