Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Here is more information on the great author and activist, Late Mr. Anupam Mishra that I mentioned above and his works -

http://www.indiawaterportal.org/articles/aaj-bhi-khare-hain-talaab

It is a nice read. So kind of him to not have a copyright of the book and it iss readily available for everyone.

if we look in depth, all the problems that we face in today's world is because of loosing touch with ancestral wisdom. Getting too arrogant with our modern technology and knowledge is the root cause of the problems.

It is so sad the way our lakes and ponds have been ill treated. I remember coming to Bangalore in 1998, the city looked green and had many lakes which were full of water. When we came back after 14 years in US, the city looked devastated. Lakes got dried up. Some were filled up to make lake view apartments.er Those which are left are full of filth, dirt and poisonous froths.

Look how the city is suffering with scarcity of water. And the rising mercury which was so unknown here. Green garden city is now full of concrete and garbage. 

You are right Arunima, ancestral wisdom does have a lot of answers to our problems. Our culture and religion or whatever one may prefer to call it, has always been closely associated, in fact in perfect harmony with the nature. One look at how we celebrate our festivals and why certain rituals and traditions came into place is enough to know that it was to respect and honor nature. However, modern education system, influence of western thinking and ideology has turned our people into fools who think that our ancestral wisdom and knowledge is outdated and regressive. Most intellectuals are influenced by Western ideology and methods into everything which is not suitable for Indians. That is the problem for us.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Here is more information on the great author and activist, Late Mr. Anupam Mishra that I mentioned above and his works -

http://www.indiawaterportal.org/articles/aaj-bhi-khare-hain-talaab

It is a nice read. So kind of him to not have a copyright of the book and it iss readily available for everyone.

if we look in depth, all the problems that we face in today's world is because of loosing touch with ancestral wisdom. Getting too arrogant with our modern technology and knowledge is the root cause of the problems.

It is so sad the way our lakes and ponds have been ill treated. I remember coming to Bangalore in 1998, the city looked green and had many lakes which were full of water. When we came back after 14 years in US, the city looked devastated. Lakes got dried up. Some were filled up to make lake view apartments.er Those which are left are full of filth, dirt and poisonous froths.

Look how the city is suffering with scarcity of water. And the rising mercury which was so unknown here. Green garden city is now full of concrete and garbage. 

You are right Arunima, ancestral wisdom does have a lot of answers to our problems. Our culture and religion or whatever one may prefer to call it, has always been closely associated, in fact in perfect harmony with the nature. One look at how we celebrate our festivals and why certain rituals and traditions came into place is enough to know that it was to respect and honor nature. However, modern education system, influence of western thinking and ideology has turned our people into fools who think that our ancestral wisdom and knowledge is outdated and regressive. Most intellectuals are influenced by Western ideology and methods into everything which is not suitable for Indians. That is the problem for us.

Exactly, Kalyani. Its sad that those who are educated often don't want follow the traditional rituals. Instead of trying to understand the logic behind such rituals they go for so called modernism which destroys nature. Very often, our traditional beliefs and rituals are based on scientific reasons.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

For conserving nature we have to first control our population.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.