It doesn't matter whether you are a Hindu, Muslim or a Christian ...this is something I have come to know and realise through experience and interaction. One of my close friends , a Catholic wants her son who has settled in the USA to get married to a Mangalorean Catholic and a Brahmin convert Dizzy Face I was stumped and asked her if it is possible to know this and she said , of course the church and all of us keep a record of our ancestry. I also came to know that it s pretty much the same case with traditional Muslim families. 

So, what is the whole argument about converting because of caste factors ? It just falls flat ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Lol! I am surprised to read that people keep tabs of such things. I know that many communities do keep a track of their lineage and ancestry and are proud to show it off as much as they can, however, I thought people converted to another religion because they didn't like the one they were born in, barring mass conversions forced by missionaries and invaders. So why keep records of their original religion and insist on continuing the same by their children?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I also was once very proudly told by a Syrian Christian that they were converted Brhamins and marry with brahmin converts. So caste factor is so strong even after centuries.

It's not a new and surprising thing in India. Caste system has deep roots in Indian society and most of our activities and opinions are influenced by our castes at some point or the other. And I think the main reason for this deep seated belief is our constitution itself which recognizes a citizen through his caste and religion. Although we talk a lot about equality and there are also a hell lot of rules in our constitution advocating equal rights and equal treatments but we all know the reality. Many political party and leaders nurture this hatred belief in the society for the sake of their own benefits. Our country has reservation system which is purely based on caste system and many movement and protest are often organized by people of different caste to get their caste recognized under the radar of reservation. So, in my opinion if someone is choosing their life partners or marrying in their own caste then it should not be a matter of surprise. It's a common practice in our country.

I feel that having a caste reservation has worsened the situation in India. We also have politicians  demanding reservation for Christians and Muslims converts  from lower castes and tribes ..Our politicians have seen to it that Caste factor would never die but become a dividing factor in our society.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I feel that having a caste reservation has worsened the situation in India. We also have politicians  demanding reservation for Christians and Muslims converts  from lower castes and tribes ..Our politicians have seen to it that Caste factor would never die but become a dividing factor in our society.

Caste is akin to apartheid and sadly in India the government both BJP and Congress perpetrate it. In long run cast will break India.

Caste is in the constitution of India till that is amended I don't see how caste will ever go away.  I think in ultimate analysis it could well break up India a 100 years down the line. 

MG Singh wrote:

Caste is in the constitution of India till that is amended I don't see how caste will ever go away.  I think in ultimate analysis it could well break up India a 100 years down the line. 

Caste is the main weapon in the hands of Indian politician no matter which party they belong to. The so called secular congress has played caste and religious card in Karnataka by announcing Lingayat community to become a separate religion from Hindus.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Caste is akin to apartheid and sadly in India the government both BJP and Congress perpetrate it. In long run cast will break India.

I don't think the caste or the religion system will ever go from Indian society. It could have gone but the Indian politics would not let it go.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I don't think the caste or the religion system will ever go from Indian society. It could have gone but the Indian politics would not let it go.

Congress party which has always stood on communal and caste issues has now gone one step further by dividing Hindus further by announcing Lingayat as a religion. How much more ridiculous can they get ?

Why blame congress or anybody else.  Caste is PART of Indian constitution so what's the crib.  First amend the constitution. Who will do it? 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.