Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Who else do we blame other than a party that has ruled India for nearly 70 years since Independence , encouraged,supported and nurtured caste system ?

https://m.hindustantimes.com/india/caste-based-reservations-must-continue-sonia/story-2GT2uPLoWQzdOJ4hozWPRM.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True, in its history of ruling, it has never considered to change the reservation system to merit based or income based system. This is the leading cause to the economic downfall. However BJP also is not taking any action or plan regarding this to change it or remove it.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:

Who else do we blame other than a party that has ruled India for nearly 70 years since Independence , encouraged,supported and nurtured caste system ?

https://m.hindustantimes.com/india/caste-based-reservations-must-continue-sonia/story-2GT2uPLoWQzdOJ4hozWPRM.html

Congress never framed the constitution and it was the Janta party under VP Singh extended reservation to OBC,. Even RSS has changed colors now and supports reservation. Modi is toeing the line .   We must remember that Mandal Commission report was kept in cold storage by Indira  Gandhi for years till VP Singh opened the Pandora's box. 

Indians want to keep dividing like amoebas and then make small groups known as castes.

It is a self inflicted injury and none can complain 

It was after british rule that these caste systems & other evils spread I guess. The distinction of caste, religion, black & white must have started in the British regime. We need to expel these social evils to become vibrant & accomodating like our great ancient heritage.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

The caste system is the bedrock of Hinduism and the Ramayana and Mahabharata extoll it. You remember Karna was thrown out of the swayamvara of Draupadi as he was a lower caste( His mother had abandoned him) it solidified during Muslim rule. The British did not enforce caste but did not interfere with it.India had an excellent chance to do away with Caste but Gandhi is on record that caste system is essential for India. So ???? Take or lump it, caste will not go away. Blaming Congress is like flogging a dead horse. RSS could have done it or at least tried but they also now talk of caste.

epraneeth77 wrote:

It was after british rule that these caste systems & other evils spread I guess. The distinction of caste, religion, black & white must have started in the British regime. We need to expel these social evils to become vibrant & accomodating like our great ancient heritage.

I must correct you. British had nothing to do with caste divisions. This has existed since last 5000 years when the Laws of Manu became a bedrock of Hindu society.

This is an evergreen topic and has become relevant now with the coming General Election in 2019. Once again Caste and clan combinations are being worked out. I was watching  a discussion on Bihar and Karnataka and the dominant theme was caste and the permutations that will bring victory. India will forever remain mired if it does not throw cast away. But it cant happen and some times I am glad that my son is in school in UK. India is a terrible place but I do wonder why Gandhi did not eradicate it? The change by RSS in support of caste reservation is baffling. Will India have a messiah ? I don't know.

MG Singh wrote:

This is an evergreen topic and has become relevant now with the coming General Election in 2019. Once again Caste and clan combinations are being worked out. I was watching  a discussion on Bihar and Karnataka and the dominant theme was caste and the permutations that will bring victory. India will forever remain mired if it does not throw cast away. But it cant happen and some times I am glad that my son is in school in UK. India is a terrible place but I do wonder why Gandhi did not eradicate it? The change by RSS in support of caste reservation is baffling. Will India have a messiah ? I don't know.

Karnataka has regional differences , religious issues and caste issues and the politicians are very happy to play one against the other as and when they feel the need to do so.. The present Chief minister Kumaraswamy and his father Deve Gowda are experts in such divisive politics while calling themselves secular  whatever that means in their dictionary !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.