Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

This is an evergreen topic and has become relevant now with the coming General Election in 2019. Once again Caste and clan combinations are being worked out. I was watching  a discussion on Bihar and Karnataka and the dominant theme was caste and the permutations that will bring victory. India will forever remain mired if it does not throw cast away. But it cant happen and some times I am glad that my son is in school in UK. India is a terrible place but I do wonder why Gandhi did not eradicate it? The change by RSS in support of caste reservation is baffling. Will India have a messiah ? I don't know.

Karnataka has regional differences , religious issues and caste issues and the politicians are very happy to play one against the other as and when they feel the need to do so.. The present Chief minister Kumaraswamy and his father Deve Gowda are experts in such divisive politics while calling themselves secular  whatever that means in their dictionary !

The word secular is not understood. The English state is based on Christian thought,  yet everybody calls it a secular state.  Similarly ancient Indian Hindu kings though processing Hinduism were definitely secular.  Secular as defined by Congress is appeasement of minorities.  India can be a Hindu Rashers and yet be secular however our political parties have corrupted this word. The way out is as said by Subramanian Swamy - declare India a Hindu state.  I will add,  remove word caste from the constitution. 

It is not fair to blame a single party for casteism. All parties are using it. In Rajastan to please Rajput BJP government bane release of Padmawat and give case of Anand Pal encounter to CBI for enquiery.

Casteism is rampant because the constitution sanctions it.

Caste is a bondage and when Jesus Christ went on the cross to be resurrected, He brought Grace into the world that would overtake the bondage of caste. Hence the believers have no caste. They just believe and have Faith upon God without creating any religion.

Indeed it is nice to go beyond religion which is what Swami Vivekananda said that when one really knows the meaning of religion then people can cast it away like a shirt.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

Indeed it is nice to go beyond religion which is what Swami Vivekananda said that when one really knows the meaning of religion then people can cast it away like a shirt.

It is not possible in India to go beyond religion. Main religion are 4 or 5 in India. But here is thousand cast and sub caste.

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

It is not possible in India to go beyond religion. Main religion are 4 or 5 in India. But here is thousand cast and sub caste.

Yes,  very true. Not many know that Vivekananda supported the caste system and the Brahaminical order.  Gandhi also supported caste divisions.  So many of his statements are there.  Even Gita a copy if which is in my study extolled virtue of caste.  Now constitution also incorporates caste. All is self-evident. 

Nishidha Patil wrote:

Caste is a bondage and when Jesus Christ went on the cross to be resurrected, He brought Grace into the world that would overtake the bondage of caste. Hence the believers have no caste. They just believe and have Faith upon God without creating any religion.

Let me make it clear here for you,. post your comments regarding the actual subject of the topic and not preach teachings about your religion. We are not doing that there. This is not a religion based forum .

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: anil
MG Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Yes,  very true. Not many know that Vivekananda supported the caste system and the Brahaminical order.  Gandhi also supported caste divisions.  So many of his statements are there.  Even Gita a copy if which is in my study extolled virtue of caste.  Now constitution also incorporates caste. All is self-evident. 

Yes Gandhi Ji always said that I am Kathiwadi Baniya. It is not possible to remove casteism by amendment in constitution. No one can force a person to say that I am of so and so cast. No one can force any one to marry their children in other cast. It is possible only with change of heart. 

Well replied Kalyani, he/she deserve it.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.