Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In fact I wanted to share something here. Lat week , one of my colleague and I had to go to the city corporation on some work . There was a que made up mainly of ladies and we noticed that when a man came in he wd go straight to the clerk and get his work done without joining the que. when it happened twice I went to the clerk and asked him why he was letting those men , knowing fully well that there were several ladies and men too waiting, His answer was, men have urgent work and are busy and cannot wait in ques . I gave him a piece of my mind and thankfully others to joined in..As long as men give themselves this kind of undue  importance, things will never change in our society  

That was an extreme case of male chauvinism. You were right to protest it. But the fact that the men would go straight to the clerk knowing that their work would be done outright indicates that many men still feels that they are more important than women. Its a disturbing thought.

Here, i would like to add that gender equality needs to be promoted at family level. Usually, discrimination starts at family. Boys are often given more importance which make them chauvinistic

Absolutely ! I too feel that t has a lot to do with our attitude. I remember ,while my children were growing up , my son who loved and still loves cooking would cook breakfast on Sundays while my daughters would be doing something else. One of my aunt who watched this was telling me what I did was not right , a boy's job is not to cook ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Making  a woman feel that she is special on one particular day is gender discrimination. There is no such day for men, then, why for women? People should understand that to prosper, women need to be respected. 

I am sure you do not put all men in  that category. Being a man I have reasons to believe that at least 50-80% men respect ladies and know their real value. Ladies should come out of their feeling that all men feel they are superior to women. In fact, women have proved that they are no lesser talented or even better in almost every field. I have two examples in my own family my wife and my daughter, both of them are thorough professionals and respected by their coworkers for their efficiency.

No, definitely not. If I do so then I will be doing injustice to all those wonderful men of my life such as my father, uncles, brothers, brother-in-law, and my husband. Every man is neither disrespectful nor uncaring in regards to women. I believe both men and women should not be at loggerheads. Respect should come from within and not as show, Thus, for showering respect we need every minute of our lives and not just one single day.  

shampasaid

A woman is never complete without a man

A woman is not complete without a man and so is a man not complete without a woman. On deeper perspective both are complete in themselves. I feel each human deserves it's dignity and respect irrespective of their gender.

Women's day celebration might have begun to bridge the gap that exists in patriarchal society. But I feel bad when we I see social media full of messages where she is celebrated as a mother, daughter, sister, lover, wife etc..her saga is sung because of her pain and sacrifices.  A woman is not respectable because of her relationship or sacrifices but she has to be respected as she deserves it as a human.

Men and women are alike and deserve same status. They both love, hate, have desires, dreams, angst, good and bad in them. Let's see each one as a human

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: jabeen, Shampa Sadhya, Kalyani Nandurkar
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Making  a woman feel that she is special on one particular day is gender discrimination. There is no such day for men, then, why for women? People should understand that to prosper, women need to be respected. 

Women's day celebrates worldwide on March 8.

It's celebrated to honour of women's rights and her courage.

international men's day also celebrate on 19 November every year.   

Be positive
Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
vaishnavi wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I really did not know about it and interestingly, maximum number of men too do not know about it. As you wrote that Women's Day is for the rights of the women but Men's Day is not so. It is basically for the health awareness.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: vaishnavi
Arunima Singh wrote:

A woman is not complete without a man and so is a man not complete without a woman. On deeper perspective both are complete in themselves. I feel each human deserves it's dignity and respect irrespective of their gender.

Women's day celebration might have begun to bridge the gap that exists in patriarchal society. But I feel bad when we I see social media full of messages where she is celebrated as a mother, daughter, sister, lover, wife etc..her saga is sung because of her pain and sacrifices.  A woman is not respectable because of her relationship or sacrifices but she has to be respected as she deserves it as a human.

Men and women are alike and deserve same status. They both love, hate, have desires, dreams, angst, good and bad in them. Let's see each one as a human

Truly, loved your explanation. I believe unless and until men and women respect each other, the family, then the society and thereafter the world would not be a healthy place to live in. Once we learn to respect one and all as a human, the gender discrimination will be automatically removed.

shampasaid

vaishnavi wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I had no idea about International Men's Day. Thanks for sharing the information. 

I feel that women have to stand together as a community, You have to become one whom another can trust. No knocking down, no hatred, no backstabbing. Each one should come forward to help and lift another. But sad part is that a woman faces more knocking down from another woman. The societal mindset and attitude of many women suit the patriarchal practice and help it prosper through generations. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I wonder what the people discussing will say about Muslim women demonstrating that triple talaq be retained?.

I think that if Muslim women demonstrate in favor of retaining triple talaque they are doing so under pressure of their community and its leaders.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.