I read an article on Intelligence and artificial intelligence . One of the most noteworthy feature that was mentioned and dusdiscus was  that most super intellectual s are not very social...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It may be true as I have seen that this is true when we see practically the people around us & evaluate, the people who are intelligent are more or less not very mingling character, they have certain protocols kind of to interact, judge, evaluate & move forward.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I am not an intelligent person but not very social myself. I don't have many friends or meet my neighbors often  In fact I avoid going to parties or relatives unless must. So it's nothing to do with intelligence but nature of a particular person imho. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It may be true that those who are super intelligent are not sociable. What I feel is that being super intelligent, they might find it difficult relating to those who are less intelligent. Their way of thinking and their perceptions about different matters ll be quite different from average intelligent people. So others are less likely to understand them.  But having said that, there are other factors too which determine the sociability of a person.

I agree with Jabeen   .I guess super intellectuals probably find it difficult to make mundane conversation with those who are of acerave intelligence...

I also agree with Sunil that it could be a personality trait! I know of many highly intelligent people who are also very social , in the ' right' company. However, I wonder if there is any one yardstick to determine the intelligence of a person?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This might be true. It may not be same in case of all the individuals but I feel that majority of the super intellectuals keep it to themselves and the reason might be that they are deeply engrossed in their thought process. Only when a person is in his element and least distracted, some magical inventions and discoveries take place.

suni51 wrote:

I am not an intelligent person but not very social myself. I don't have many friends or meet my neighbors often  In fact I avoid going to parties or relatives unless must. So it's nothing to do with intelligence but nature of a particular person imho. 

Perhaps you are correct. I consider myself intelligent  ( even others think so) but I love parties, club life and socializing. So no hard and fast rule

I feel, it basically depends upon one's attitude and personality. Every intelligent person is not very social while there are many who are extremely sociable. Thus, I feel it has nothing to do with intelligence. I have seen intelligent people to speak on trivial issues and just have baseless discussions with their dear ones by lowering their own standard so that opposite party can relax and have talk on any subject.   

shampasaid

People are differently endowed , some are very intelligent but lack in certain other qualities and some are compassionate but may not be very intelligent. I also keep wondering whether intelligence sharpens ones perception levels ? What do you all say ? 

usha manohar wrote:

People are differently endowed , some are very intelligent but lack in certain other qualities and some are compassionate but may not be very intelligent. I also keep wondering whether intelligence sharpens ones perception levels ? What do you all say ? 

Yes it does. 

usha manohar wrote:

I feel intelligence sharpens one's perception level.

@ Shampa,

I do agree with you that some intelligent people can talk with their dear ones about mundane matters but I feel that such types of conversations cannot sustain them for long.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.