Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Reena wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Reena wrote:

A positive attitude cannot be developed in a single day. Since childhood, we have conditioned our mind in some particular way. It is deep-rooted and we need to change the beliefs to change our attitude. One thing at a time works great. The root cause of depression or thoughts which trouble us need to be identified and eliminated completely.

Introspection and self analysis helps in more than one ways in regulating our thought process ...

The two things which you mentioned seems the most difficult and this is because we find it easier to work on external affairs but working on self-seems a complicated task.

While it is not easy, it is definitely not impossible to do .. If we take time to introspect at the end of the day especially at issues that bother us we can get to the bottom of the problem and see where we, if that is the case, have faltered..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Reena wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Reena wrote:

A positive attitude cannot be developed in a single day. Since childhood, we have conditioned our mind in some particular way. It is deep-rooted and we need to change the beliefs to change our attitude. One thing at a time works great. The root cause of depression or thoughts which trouble us need to be identified and eliminated completely.

Introspection and self analysis helps in more than one ways in regulating our thought process ...

The two things which you mentioned seems the most difficult and this is because we find it easier to work on external affairs but working on self-seems a complicated task.

While it is not easy, it is definitely not impossible to do .. If we take time to introspect at the end of the day especially at issues that bother us we can get to the bottom of the problem and see where we, if that is the case, have faltered..

This is the reason that wise people say that never go to bed without hearing the voices in your head. By that they mean get rid of all the issues which bothered throughout the day and eliminate the root causes behind them. This way, we will not carry today's extra baggage on tomorrow's shoulders and definitely feel light and active.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, Shampa Sadhya
Reena wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Reena wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Reena wrote:

This is the reason that wise people say that never go to bed without hearing the voices in your head. By that they mean get rid of all the issues which bothered throughout the day and eliminate the root causes behind them. This way, we will not carry today's extra baggage on tomorrow's shoulders and definitely feel light and active.

Absolutely  ..

Life however is not easy and never goes as planned by you , so it is better to have planned several alternatives rather than put all your hopes on any one ! The proverb ' don't put all your eggs in one basket ' is relevant not just in matters of investment but also regarding other issues concerning life , that's my feeling !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen

" Life is beautiful and I have one opportunity to make the best out of it"....this is the mantra that i keep repeating whenever i feel weighed down by the negatives. We can not avoid situations that make us feel depressed or low in life. It is just a passing phase and one has to believe that this too shall pass. It is very natural to get affected by the situation..feel frustrated, low and useless at times. But one should not let these thoughts sink too deep and take you into the grip of chronic depression. I share my issues with my mom. She being a psychologist and counselor helps a lot. But when she is into problem, I have to counsel her. No matter how much well we know the solution, when we are into the problem we seem to loose control of it. Talking to a third person and taking his/her perspective helps. Many a times I consciously try to detach myself from the problem and then seek a solution like a third person.

Doing things which I like like hiking, yoga, art, cooking etc. on a regular basis helps me rejuvenate and introspect. Handwork like quilling, needle work, painting and writing are like meditation and they help me a lot to fight with day to day ups and downs.

Whenever I am going through a tough phase in life, I keep reminding myself of my mom's saying " This is just a passing phase. It is a part of my karma and I have to accept it with grace"...This gives a lot of strength

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Just last night I was having some casual talk with my teenage daughter. So we were discussing some people and celebrities in general. I just mentioned casually that life is not always what we expect and lots of compromises and adjustments have to be made. My daughter could not fully agree with that. Teenagers have their own notions of a fair and idealistic world. She told -"I know Ma life is not always fair but at the same time it is your life and it is all about the choices that you make." Though it showed the viewpoint and enthusiasm of a teenage girl, there was a deep lying message and some food of thought for all of us.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Just last night I was having some casual talk with my teenage daughter. So we were discussing some people and celebrities in general. I just mentioned casually that life is not always what we expect and lots of compromises and adjustments have to be made. My daughter could not fully agree with that. Teenagers have their own notions of a fair and idealistic world. She told -"I know Ma life is not always fair but at the same time it is your life and it is all about the choices that you make." Though it showed the viewpoint and enthusiasm of a teenage girl, there was a deep lying message and some food of thought for all of us.

There is so much of truth underlying in the statement she passed. We made choices and we are reaping the results right now and our future will be based on what we choose in our present. Life is this simple and yet we make it so difficult for ourselves.

Reena wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

There is so much of truth underlying in the statement she passed. We made choices and we are reaping the results right now and our future will be based on what we choose in our present. Life is this simple and yet we make it so difficult for ourselves.

@Arunima your daughter made an apt remark. It's all about choices. If the choice results into something bad then again it's we who need to introspect and try to rectify it. If we accept as it comes then we have no right to complain but if we put in effort to change for the better then it makes a positive statement. That's the way one should lead his/her life.   

shampasaid

We can see that our entire life is a matter of making choices , even making a u turn when the choices we made turn out to be wrong or not advantageous to us..I like this quote a lot..

"Each person has a choice; the choice to do as one may wish and as one wants remains with the individual. If a person sees no benefit to change, they will not change and vice versa "

For me life is a challenge. Overall I am a positive person but sometimes I do get bogged down then again after awhile I shake off all the negative thoughts and start planning how to put a positive step all over again.   .  

shampasaid

For me, life is a journey. A journey that is beyond description and beyond imagination. I cannot say that I am a positive person and that's because negativity fills in me very quickly. Still, I am trying to build as much of positivity in me as possible.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.