The topic is locked.

We celebrate Ugadi or new year beginning today .. starting the day by cleaning the house and decorating the front and back door with mango leaves and flowers ...it is a day of New beginnings and hope . Here's wishing everyone a very happy Ugadi

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Wish you a very happy and prosperous year ahead, greetings of Ugadi to you and your family!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

It is a festival time in every region. Bengalis will celebrate their new year tomorrow which is popularly known as poyla Baisakh (poyla means pahla i.e first) Thanks for your wishes and wishing all the members a very happy beginning. 

shampasaid

Happy and prosperous Ugadi to you and all. Belated because internet services were suspended in our area for last 36 hours. Thanks to forces which are trying to destroy this country.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Shampa Sadhya

Wish you all and your family for a prosperous year ahead. Happy Ugadi to all of you. I am from Karnataka and we celebrated it on 18th March itself.

In Bangalore Ugadi was celebrated in March. But yes it was Tamilian New year and also auspicious day for many parts of India. I heard my friends wishing each other Happy Vishu..

It is also time of Bengali New Year and Bihu..

In Bihar and Jharkhand they celebrate "Saatwaain"....they eat Sattu( stuffing in the bihari deleicacy Litti) and mango chutney. 

So it was an auspicious day in most part of the country and many other countries in Asia like Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand also observed their new year day.

Wishing you all and your family a happy and prosperous year ahead. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

We normally have a vegetarian lunch and two special dishes cooked on Ugadi are, a Kheer made with tender cashews since they are available in plenty now and a curry made with ripe mangoes..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:

In Bangalore Ugadi was celebrated in March. But yes it was Tamilian New year and also auspicious day for many parts of India. I heard my friends wishing each other Happy Vishu..

It is also time of Bengali New Year and Bihu..

In Bihar and Jharkhand they celebrate "Saatwaain"....they eat Sattu( stuffing in the bihari deleicacy Litti) and mango chutney. 

So it was an auspicious day in most part of the country and many other countries in Asia like Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand also observed their new year day.

Wishing you all and your family a happy and prosperous year ahead. 

Even Punjab celebrates Vaisakhi during the same time of the year. This year it got celebrated on 14th April when Bengalis too celebrated their new year. 

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:

We normally have a vegetarian lunch and two special dishes cooked on Ugadi are, a Kheer made with tender cashews since they are available in plenty now and a curry made with ripe mangoes..

You must share the recipe too with adequate pics. As you have mentioned about kheer made with tender cashews has increased my curiosity. Bengalis do use cashews as one of the ingredients but it's not the main ingredient while preparing kheer so never tasted kheer made of cashews only.  

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:

Kheer of tender cashew is something I have heard for first time. Please do share your recipe. We add cashews and dry fruits as garnish for the kheer. 

We make Kadi of raw mango. In that curd that is used for regular kadi is replaced by raw mango paste. Ripe mango curry sounds interesting. please share this recipe too. We have aamras made of ripe mangoes, a partner in all our meals through out summer.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Yes Usha do share the recipes. Konkani people in Maharashtra make a kind of curry with tender cashews, but it is made in fresh coconut and a little bit spicy. I too have tried that a few times, but never made anything sweet out of tender cashews.

I also make different varieties of chutneys and kadhis using raw mangoes, and once I made Sasame using ripe mango. Would like to try your recipe so please do share.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.