The topic is locked.

All eyes on Karnataka elections, right. Yaa it ought to be . After all we are a democracy. But very often it seems as though the people have been dragged into the centre of the vortex of democratic principles and terminologies where they have messed up with the genuine necessities of elections , parties and rights. Very strange to notice that even our political leaders act as if they have never known what their real functions are.

Perhaps this  ignorance ,rather ,better to say, due to the deliberate carelessness of the citizens and the political leaders ,our vehicle of progress has failed to cover an impressive distance in the past seventy years. Even seventy years  was not enough for us to change from a  developing to a developed country.  But where was the fault? Fairly  simple, of course in us.  The onus of ushering the change and nurturing the path of progress lies in our hands but starting from the grass root level, from the poorest of the citizens, to well off ones to our political leaders, there lies some fallacies at each individual level that obstructs development.

As we move from a day to another the situation is getting worse, all civilised ideologies of the past are turning into uncivilised ones and what we get at the end is a thick headed crowd in our political arena. Some actions taken by people really shakes the nation.

The most disheartening thing prevalent in our country is that , despite having innumerable political parties with varied policies and programmes laid out for people, who seem to be too enthusiastic during elections, the nation still hasn’t  found the perfect policy. Political competition is their prime objective and nothing else. Each party aims at becoming as much condescending as it can and is bent on putting the other parties down. Nowadays what we get to hear in the news is nothing else than the parties discussing each others faults. Poverty, unemployment, illiteracy, and most importantly, heinous crimes against women, those plague our country, has failed to attract our leader’s attention. And interestingly, at present it has become a trend to drag everything into religion, though leaving a few others are unaware even of their religion’s motto.

Pouring the entire barrel of blame on our political leaders is not fair. We citizens are at fault too. Whether educated or not, skilled or not, i believe most Indians very well  know the power of public protest . Most often we see public risings, strikes but unfortunately the reasons are too vague. Without a subtle point people protest on Mahanadi issue, they protest  on seeing someone carrying the dead bodies handy ,but they are too foolish to extend their reasons for construction of all weather roads to connect remote areas. Never has there been a huge protest demanding proper education, proper health, proper laws, nothing. In odisha hundreds of teachers protest for weeks and months to get their salary but it is really unfortunate to find that never has the general public joined them.

People have divided themselves into sections, either according to occupation, religion or others and our government and political leaders too are working for particular sections only. Don’t know why no one wants to develop the country as whole. Some want to develop muslims,some to dalits...

Another thing that really disturbed me was what i came across in the  newspaper. 50 IITIANS FORMED A PARTY TO SEEK THE WELFARE OF SC/STs. If in a country like india, where IITIANs who are the most venerated ,for whom government spends cores of money ,do such an act, it is well understood what kind of ideals they form for the others. I just don’t get the rationale behind fighting for the rights of sc/st. Today there is no need of reservation for them, there has been enough of upliftment. What is necessary  now, is facilities for poor. Many sc/scts have notched up to a higher level, where there do not need quotas and reservations. If iitians, who spend half of their life preparing for getting into it, exercising their minds to the fullest, fail the unveil the reality shrouded under ongoing worthless policies then we are at a loss of words to elucidate the misery of the situation.

Moreover, our media, that is considered the fourth pillar of democracy, has gone down to such an extent that  at times we feel like condemning them. Most of the times they manipulate issues and leave the people perplexed. Days slip into weeks but our media goes on casting worthless issues. We have ended up in such a situation where media is also politically divided. Never has there been a case that is reported by the media without distortion. Therefore ,undoubtedly we can conclude that our biased media is somewhere at  the root of this chaos.

If we go on finding faults then words would not suffice our purpose. When we analyse the situation , it seems as if the country is in a chaos. As one tries to get into one issue and rectify the fallacies, he finds successive issues with many absurd and moronic faults and ends up with a flummoxed mind. Today political parties have shown their incompetence and citizens their ignorance. People blame our judiciary, they criticize our army for paltry reasons. They don’t come up with solutions but continue to protest against a solution proposed by the government. This mismatch has created a pandemonium.

Until and unless all of us understand the core issue and try at our levels to bring about a rectification, we are bound to fail. But till then we would be brooding over all that is happening, and will be happening and some of us like me, would pen down things to saturate emotions. Its already too late to gain attention about this, but its never too late to change.

Till then what we can do is to try our level best to be the change ourselves and hope for the best.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think you are right in your observation but please do not copy paste content. Your topic is interesting so it's not being edited or deleted. Thank you,.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nice read !! though too long.

Definitely many of these happenings are clear picture of abuse of democracy and democratic rights. People often forget that they have some responsibility towards their country and society. They are too hungry for power and fame.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Nice read !! though too long.

Definitely many of these happenings are clear picture of abuse of democracy and democratic rights. People often forget that they have some responsibility towards their country and society. They are too hungry for power and fame.

People have to select one and they done it. It is on political parties that they judge properly that they can give a stable government to public. money is great than all other things. It is news that congress have fury with portfolio in Karnatka government.

It is far too long , so I did not go through the entire post. There is a saying start with a bang and finish with a whimper. I very much feel that the so called big coming together of all the opposition parties , showcased on Vidhan Soudha platform might go that way. Two parties in a state election are unable to share portfolios and get together to form a govt. Kumaraswamy is only interested in holding on to his CM chair , having kept 11 portfolio s to himself..we have to see how this will end!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

It is far too long , so I did not go through the entire post. There is a saying start with a bang and finish with a whimper. I very much feel that the so called big coming together of all the opposition parties , showcased on Vidhan Soudha platform might go that way. Two parties in a state election are unable to share portfolios and get together to form a govt. Kumaraswamy is only interested in holding on to his CM chair , having kept 11 portfolio s to himself..we have to see how this will end!

Every member of this government know that it is not possible for them to go far. So till they are in they will pick pocket they can.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.