Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

In month of February my father in laws was admitted in ICU during his last days. I found two ladies giggling and talking out loud outside the ICU. It was quite odd. They were hushed hushed a few times by the attendant. They gave a very dirty look to the attendant as if their birth right was taken away!!

I do not see a sense how you can crack a joke and laugh outside ICU. They could speak well refined English and so we can not blame literacy here. It is lack of civic sense and the abuse of freedom.

It shows a highly selfish and insensitive nature that is unfortunately prevalent in majority of urbanites. I have hardly seen any men being courteous to women , let alone that , they push and barge in when you open a door in a public place for yourself to pass through, women too do the same..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

There is no doubt that we are a screaming nation. I can give you many examples but for now let me give one. Recently, there was a marriage in my neighbourhood. Two days prior to the D-day the family started their celebration but at the odd hour. At around eleven in the night they played loud music at the rooftop and it continued till two. They danced and screamed but never bothered about other flatmates and their problems. 

This reminds me of an incident that took place in my neighborhood . One of my neighbours young son like rock music. Day time he is busy earning his livelihood. So at night, he had a habit of playing rock music loudly. He might be relaxing but the rest of us were getting ready to sleep. It was only when the rest of the neighbours complained to his parents than he stopped doing that. He now listens softly. But its not just him. Even his sister in law starts grinding spices, using washing machine etc at odd hours.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

There is no doubt that we are a screaming nation. I can give you many examples but for now let me give one. Recently, there was a marriage in my neighbourhood. Two days prior to the D-day the family started their celebration but at the odd hour. At around eleven in the night they played loud music at the rooftop and it continued till two. They danced and screamed but never bothered about other flatmates and their problems. 

Yes I can vouch for that! This is the season for weddings, engagements and what not and they are celebrated with so much bang and fervour that people are kept awake late in the night with loud fireworks and crackers in addition to huge walls of speakers mounted on trollies in large processions. we are experiencing this very frequently!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Not to forget our procession, protests, celebration ....Nothing is considered success until and unless it is loud!!

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Not to forget our procession, protests, celebration ....Nothing is considered success until and unless it is loud!!

That is true..nowadays the more unrulier and noisier such protests and demos are, the more successful they are thought to be.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

That is true..nowadays the more unrulier and noisier such protests and demos are, the more successful they are thought to be.

You are right in your observation, Kalyani. In every part of India protests are so unruly and noisy. I was told that in USA, people show their protest about different issues by holding peaceful rallies and demonstrations, holding placards silently and so on. Their protest rallies never disrupt the traffic movements or other public. Why can't we Indians adopt similar attitudes?

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

You are right in your observation, Kalyani. In every part of India protests are so unruly and noisy. I was told that in USA, people show their protest about different issues by holding peaceful rallies and demonstrations, holding placards silently and so on. Their protest rallies never disrupt the traffic movements or other public. Why can't we Indians adopt similar attitudes?

On similar thoughts, there was message on Facebook. In Japan bus drivers were on protest for their salary demands. The continued working for a month, dropping passengers without charging them a money. SO there was no inconvenience to the regular people but the government suffered a huge loss at the end of the month and succumbed to the demands of the drivers. They did not damage any public property nor caused inconvenience to people to show how angry they were. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Two things ...

In most countries any kind of protest is held only in  specific places, so that public and the traffic is not disrupted. Even a demonstration or a March is held after they have been granted permission on specified routes without shouting or making any noise . Compare that to ours !!!

Secondly , our kids are the most unruly, mannerless and noisy . It is because manners and etiquette is never taught at home. I remember a discussion we had here on this forum itself about etiquette. Majority of the members felt that there was no need for it , this coming from educated people..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

The reasons that i can think if is that we loose our patience quickly than we ever did before. Another reason is that we always expect everything to go our way by default.

The recent incidents if lynching simply because a person is suspected of a crime shows how indisciplined and unruly we are as a people. It also reflects in the behavior of our netas in the pariament house where many a times they abuse and physically pull each other .I stead to f setting a good example they are leading the nation steadily downhill ..shameful !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.