Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Today my 14 year old daughter came fuming from school. Some neighbor of mine noticed her small sized pimple next to her nose in the lift of our apartment. She generously over poured her tips to have a good skin. My daughter felt embarrassed and was not happy about it. She entered home complaining that people in India do not look at a girl beyond her flawless skin.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Today my 14 year old daughter came fuming from school. Some neighbor of mine noticed her small sized pimple next to her nose in the lift of our apartment. She generously over poured her tips to have a good skin. My daughter felt embarrassed and was not happy about it. She entered home complaining that people in India do not look at a girl beyond her flawless skin.

No cost to suggest any one on any issue. Elders said that listen to all but do what you like.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

No cost to suggest any one on any issue. Elders said that listen to all but do what you like.

Well that is a well said advice by elders. But listening to all takes a lot of patience and kills a lot of time. Sometimes it is irritating and still you have to put a courteous smile.

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Well that is a well said advice by elders. But listening to all takes a lot of patience and kills a lot of time. Sometimes it is irritating and still you have to put a courteous smile.

We all are members of society. So it not possible that all thing is of own choice. So we must be bear it with smile or annoyed face. I called it social cost.

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I have great sympathy for your daughter. Your post reminds me of our neighbour who too likes to offer unsolicited advise  about many thing. Sometimes it become so difficult to bear with patience especially when it is given at odd hours such as when we are in a hurry to go for our work places, when guest arrives. 

It is very important to not give unsolicited advise as it makes us lose our value, our image. The more stricter we are with life, the life will be much easier.

Giving unsolicited advise is in one sense an act of immatured people I guess. It is deep rooted in our Country & it needs to be taken out slowly & steadily to improve their personality.

To grow in career or life some changes are required to gain value in the eyes of others & ourselves as well & this stopping of giving unsolicited advise is a step in the right direction.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I have great sympathy for your daughter. Your post reminds me of our neighbour who too likes to offer unsolicited advise  about many thing. Sometimes it become so difficult to bear with patience especially when it is given at odd hours such as when we are in a hurry to go for our work places, when guest arrives. 

My daughter was little upset. Teenagers are too sensitive about these issues. That lady earlier once told my daughter a few years back that Bharatantayam  costume does not suit her American like complexion and looks and she should switch to some contemporary dance styles like Salsa and Bollywood. My daughter loves Bharatnatyam. That day she fumed and said -"Some of these elderly people think that I am a dump yard for their advises and they can pour in anytime without my concern"

Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

My daughter was little upset. Teenagers are too sensitive about these issues. That lady earlier once told my daughter a few years back that Bharatantayam  costume does not suit her American like complexion and looks and she should switch to some contemporary dance styles like Salsa and Bollywood. My daughter loves Bharatnatyam. That day she fumed and said -"Some of these elderly people think that I am a dump yard for their advises and they can pour in anytime without my concern"

Yes teenagers are more sensitive than elders. You make understand your daughter that it is very tough job to stop these peoples. We are living in society so we have to tolerate all these. Listed from one ear exit it from second one.

From my experience , children  at any stage of their life ,look upto their parents for approval when they are unsure . It is left to the parents how best they handle such situations, so that the children trust and feel.confident while approaching them for advise.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

From my experience , children  at any stage of their life ,look upto their parents for approval when they are unsure . It is left to the parents how best they handle such situations, so that the children trust and feel.confident while approaching them for advise.

I think not only children person of every age like  approval of parents if they are alive. If our parents are with we always feel some sort of security. It is my experience.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.