I noticed this thing, We all follow on twitter and some other social network sites. Most of time when we follow any one that person will not follow us. Is it fair practice?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It happens all the time Anil. I guess most people have a presence on social media solely because they want to express themselves and not really because they want to read or listen to other people's opinions. that is the bane of social media or overall, communication pattern that most people follow today!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Ideally social media is meant for keeping in touch with your friends and making friends with like minded people . When I first joined Facebook it was just that but with added features and new found freedom of expression, many people behave irrationally , at times , I find it ridiculous to see balanced people I had known posting pictures of what they cooked for breakfast , lunch , dinner and where they went , who visited them and  so on , all through the day... and there are enough number of "like minded" friends to approve and like and discuss these issues !!!!??? 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, jabeen

People join social media with different interests...keeping in touch with friends, promoting a social cause or their business, sharing their opinions etc..And soem join it to pass their time or to get addicted to it. They do join for boasting and sharing every moment of their life with a pride. Some have developed mental dis orders out of it...like getting depressed if their boasting does not get enough thumbs up.

It is one's choice to follow someone and there is nothing fair or unfair about it. It happens many times and does hurt or make us feel down. But maybe follwign me does not help any of his/her interests of joining the social media. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: jabeen

I think this is a very interesting & relatable question.

However the idea to follow one & expecting that person to follow me may not be a mature thought in the first place from my perspective. When we are following a person, it must be with some purpose of knowing their personality better or to be updated in some spheres of life & career or otherwise.

That may not be the case with that person, he may not need to follow you as he does not need to know you more for his goal, it is just a matter of interest & their is no such thing as being fair or unfair as rightly noted.

Now in facebook or other old social media sites, it is important to note that many people just enter, use it, get addicted & then just follow people for what they are & not see their updates thereafter. Tools are not being used in the way in which they have to be & hence there is no personal connection established in social media circles & it is a real virtual world where everything is ephemereal unless we use it wisely & judiciously.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:

Ideally social media is meant for keeping in touch with your friends and making friends with like minded people . When I first joined Facebook it was just that but with added features and new found freedom of expression, many people behave irrationally , at times , I find it ridiculous to see balanced people I had known posting pictures of what they cooked for breakfast , lunch , dinner and where they went , who visited them and  so on , all through the day... and there are enough number of "like minded" friends to approve and like and discuss these issues !!!!??? 

I don;t like to post of photo of personal life. My facebook account have not a single photo. I never understand that what is purpose of liking.

epraneeth77 wrote:

I think this is a very interesting & relatable question.

However the idea to follow one & expecting that person to follow me may not be a mature thought in the first place from my perspective. When we are following a person, it must be with some purpose of knowing their personality better or to be updated in some spheres of life & career or otherwise.

That may not be the case with that person, he may not need to follow you as he does not need to know you more for his goal, it is just a matter of interest & their is no such thing as being fair or unfair as rightly noted.

Now in facebook or other old social media sites, it is important to note that many people just enter, use it, get addicted & then just follow people for what they are & not see their updates thereafter. Tools are not being used in the way in which they have to be & hence there is no personal connection established in social media circles & it is a real virtual world where everything is ephemereal unless we use it wisely & judiciously.

Honestly writing my aim of following any one is that he also follow me. Because if we have start a blogs or we wants to promote and sites we need following line. I thing most of people who are using and spending plenty of time of FB is addict of it.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It happens all the time Anil. I guess most people have a presence on social media solely because they want to express themselves and not really because they want to read or listen to other people's opinions. that is the bane of social media or overall, communication pattern that most people follow today!

Communication is not possible when we don't want to listen other. Listing is pre-condition for effective communication. If we speak only ours how long some one listen to us.

Arunima Singh wrote:

People join social media with different interests...keeping in touch with friends, promoting a social cause or their business, sharing their opinions etc..And soem join it to pass their time or to get addicted to it. They do join for boasting and sharing every moment of their life with a pride. Some have developed mental dis orders out of it...like getting depressed if their boasting does not get enough thumbs up.

It is one's choice to follow someone and there is nothing fair or unfair about it. It happens many times and does hurt or make us feel down. But maybe follwign me does not help any of his/her interests of joining the social media. 

I joined twitter and FB only to promote  my online business. I wants referral and I also wants to start my  blogs so, I also wants visitors. On FB most of users write few words, I think it is not sharing of opinion.

usha manohar wrote:

Very true. The urge to update these things are so strong in some people that they would take photo for every occasions. Once I went to a restaurant with some of my friends. The moment our orders were placed on the table, one of our friends starts taking photo from every angle possible and updates it immediately on FB. Then while eating too, some of them took lots of photo to update their social status. Honestly, why can't people enjoy the food peacefully?

Following someone is part of business on so called social media. You will be surprised to note that some people get paid for their retweet provided they have more followers than the number of people they follow. Most people would either not follow you or unfollow you after sometime if you're not one of their chosen one or they earn money following you. I have close to 10k followes on my Twitter account and keep a strict vigil on unfollowers through a software. I am not active on Facebook apart from posting a photo of a particular person once in 3-4 months or at most share a link of some of my close friends once in a year or so.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.