Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It happens all the time Anil. I guess most people have a presence on social media solely because they want to express themselves and not really because they want to read or listen to other people's opinions. that is the bane of social media or overall, communication pattern that most people follow today!

Communication is not possible when we don't want to listen other. Listing is pre-condition for effective communication. If we speak only ours how long some one listen to us.

That is true in an ideal scenario......but not a prerequisite in the era of digital media and social networking. Here, all people care for is to show that they are one notch above others in everything they do and hence keep flooding photos of their supposedly awesome life! If you cannot do that or do not want to post your personal life on social media, people do not care much for you and will not click like or follow you anywhere! But that does mean that we should be put off by it as our purpose to be on social media is something other than simply showcasing our personal life!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It happens all the time Anil. I guess most people have a presence on social media solely because they want to express themselves and not really because they want to read or listen to other people's opinions. that is the bane of social media or overall, communication pattern that most people follow today!

Communication is not possible when we don't want to listen other. Listing is pre-condition for effective communication. If we speak only ours how long some one listen to us.

That is true in an ideal scenario......but not a prerequisite in the era of digital media and social networking. Here, all people care for is to show that they are one notch above others in everything they do and hence keep flooding photos of their supposedly awesome life! If you cannot do that or do not want to post your personal life on social media, people do not care much for you and will not click like or follow you anywhere! But that does mean that we should be put off by it as our purpose to be on social media is something other than simply showcasing our personal life!

Yes it is right, on digital media we speak what we wants and forget it. Never wait for response. Some listen or not don't care. I want followers' but I am not interested in sharing each and every events of my personal life, It is my habit when every I received any message on social networking sites I always response on it.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Facebook has replaced the older system of communication through letters. The social media is primarily for remaining in touch with family, relatives and close friends. However the scope of social media has enlarged. Now many use social media for various purposes- social, political, business etc.  As all types of people use social media, there are many of  dubious character and also many simply wasting time by using messenger services for no useful purposes. Just How are you, good morning, good evening= are the messages. To get rid of such people, it is better to unfriend them at the earliest..   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Facebook has replaced the older system of communication through letters. The social media is primarily for remaining in touch with family, relatives and close friends. However the scope of social media has enlarged. Now many use social media for various purposes- social, political, business etc.  As all types of people use social media, there are many of  dubious character and also many simply wasting time by using messenger services for no useful purposes. Just How are you, good morning, good evening= are the messages. To get rid of such people, it is better to unfriend them at the earliest..   

No one replace older letter system. Then we all write letter with our hand. I am quoting here one line of Gazal of Pankad Udhas, "Pehley Jab Tu Khat Likhta Tha, Khat Mai Chehra Dikhta tha", Tell me Gulshan ji is is possible at facebook.

anil wrote:

No one replace older letter system. Then we all write letter with our hand. I am quoting here one line of Gazal of Pankad Udhas, "Pehley Jab Tu Khat Likhta Tha, Khat Mai Chehra Dikhta tha", Tell me Gulshan ji is is possible at facebook.

It is still possible on Facebook if you keep your interactions at a more personal level ...I normally send out messages to my children through the messenger , pretty much like writing a letter ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

It is still possible on Facebook if you keep your interactions at a more personal level ...I normally send out messages to my children through the messenger , pretty much like writing a letter ..

Yes we can send message through messenger but is their your handwriting? 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I agree with you ...today's children have no idea what they are missing. I remember my school days , during weekends we had to write letters to our grand parents, uncles, aunts and cousins ... I remember how we woud admire people who had beautiful handwriting . I still write letters to my children occasionally  ,,

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I agree with you ...today's children have no idea what they are missing. I remember my school days , during weekends we had to write letters to our grand parents, uncles, aunts and cousins ... I remember how we woud admire people who had beautiful handwriting . I still write letters to my children occasionally  ,,

I too had a habit of writing letters regularly to my relatives and friends. I still preserve some of the letters I received some 20 years back. It brings back sweet memories.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I too had a habit of writing letters regularly to my relatives and friends. I still preserve some of the letters I received some 20 years back. It brings back sweet memories.

Usha@ letter which you were write is your school days had emotions and love. How you feel if your grands write you letter in their our hands. Email and other online communication method is good for formal communication and for short messages.

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Usha@ letter which you were write is your school days had emotions and love. How you feel if your grands write you letter in their our hands. Email and other online communication method is good for formal communication and for short messages.

I agree but with changing times we need to adapt ..even banks and other institutions now a days advise you to communicate through email

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.