This case had attracted the attention of the entire nation. Bishop Franco Murakkal accused of raping and committing sexual assault on a nun , had brazenly tried to wriggle out of the situation with the active support of the church. Even Vatican tried to shield him and now has called his arrest a sad moment. After 87 days of dillydallying Kochi police have finally arrested Bishop Franco Murakkal...

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/bishop-franco-mulakkal-arrested-in-kerala-nun-rape-case-1345584-2018-09-21

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is why it is said that you cant escape from long arm of law. This case is more heinous than other rape cases because here a priest is involved in it. Its very sad that such people whom we can't imagine do this. Thats good that finally he is in the custody of police and won't be able to do anything like this in his life. 

This has been happening with all religious leaders because the impression is that they would never do such things . It happened with Hindu , so called God men too . The law seems to be leniant when it is a question of religion.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think in the recent past, these people have been arrested, like even Gurmeet Ram Rahim, however some so called godmen have also escaped like Swami Nityananda who is roaming outside freely after granting Bail. I wonder how he was allowed to be a saint even after such charges against him!

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: usha manohar

The link of news presents a clear picture into how the allegations were proved right by evidence, thanks for sharing such a clear article which enables us to understand how police can work to arrest the accused.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Finally I glad that justice is served. I was following this case from a long time. 

epraneeth77 wrote:

I think in the recent past, these people have been arrested, like even Gurmeet Ram Rahim, however some so called godmen have also escaped like Swami Nityananda who is roaming outside freely after granting Bail. I wonder how he was allowed to be a saint even after such charges against him!

It goes to show how gullible people are when it comes to religion. It is his word against the court and a few others who have accused him and for some it is a matter of convenience to support the leader and for some others it is just blind Faith..

It is injustice with none. It is violation of fundamental right. How can some one stop to worship and service to God.

Yeah, I read the article in the newspaper. One thing is for sure that it will be very difficult for me to trust and respect any priest of any religion. Basically, these men are taking the advantage of the respect, trust, and love they receive from the people. They deserve the strictest punishment which will be an example for any men. Innocents get punished in every manner while the nun should have received every support from the Church authorities.      

shampasaid

The Law is the same for everyone and justice should be served after thorough investigation. It does seem like justice has been served with this regard.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.