Tomorrow is Guru Purnima. On this day we will cook Khir and keep it whole night in light of Moon. It is useful in some health problem  like Asthma. Over all it is good for health. Do all of you celebrate it? How tell here

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I also want to eat the khir which is kept in moonlight. My mother used to follow this ritual. In Pune this tradition is not followed. Instead people boil some milk on fire outside and drink it here in Pune. I cannot attend this because I have to sleep early due to early morning office. It is said that khir is useful for treatment of various diseases. 

Looking no one is aware with it. If some one is members of RSS he/she know well about this day.

arjun sai wrote:

I also want to eat the khir which is kept in moonlight. My mother used to follow this ritual. In Pune this tradition is not followed. Instead people boil some milk on fire outside and drink it here in Pune. I cannot attend this because I have to sleep early due to early morning office. It is said that khir is useful for treatment of various diseases. 

Yes this khir is useful in some health problems. It is also much testy than khir of other days. Prepare it and keep piece of silver (Chandi) in it for whole night. You can also mix some herbs, saffron, nutmeg,honey and cardamom. Cook it in cow milk.

anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

Yes this khir is useful in some health problems. It is also much testy than khir of other days. Prepare it and keep piece of silver (Chandi) in it for whole night. You can also mix some herbs, saffron, nutmeg,honey and cardamom. Cook it in cow milk.

I don't have any silver vessel sir grinning need to buy . But I try to prepare using honey and saffron and honey. I am also worried about cats . Here in Pune there are many cats . 

I have never heard about this custom , sounds interesting. I will try doing it ..

As far as cats and any other worries , you can easily cover the vessels with a wire mesh.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What is the significance of keeping the kheer in moonlight the whole night and eating in the morning? How did this custom begin?

Is there any scientific proof or data to substantiate the claim that the kheer prepared in such way can cure diseases?

I don't think it is Guru Purnima. As far as I know this is called Sharad Purnima and marks the beginning of cold nighyd. The full moon on this night is supposed to be very auspicious and there is a belief that nectar falls on this night from moon and that falls in the kheer. The goodness of silver vessel and nectar from Nature makes the kheer very good for health. We had this tradttrad for long in Childhood. Now it is dying out. But I remember as a child, the chill kheer really tasted different and heavenly.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

arjun sai wrote:
anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

I don't have any silver vessel sir grinning need to buy . But I try to prepare using honey and saffron and honey. I am also worried about cats . Here in Pune there are many cats . 

No problem if you don't have silver vessel. If you have any article, coin, spoon, ornament,  of silver keep it in your Khir vessel, while cooking khir and keep it whole night in vessels.Cats are not problem of Pune, these are in whole country.Most our house have rope or wire to dry washed clothes, hang vessels on it. All these tips are for next year 

Thank you said by: arjun sai
Arunima Singh wrote:

I don't think it is Guru Purnima. As far as I know this is called Sharad Purnima and marks the beginning of cold nighyd. The full moon on this night is supposed to be very auspicious and there is a belief that nectar falls on this night from moon and that falls in the kheer. The goodness of silver vessel and nectar from Nature makes the kheer very good for health. We had this tradttrad for long in Childhood. Now it is dying out. But I remember as a child, the chill kheer really tasted different and heavenly.

Yes it Shard purnima but also Guru Purnima as well.

Oh! I was not aware of this. I felt Guru Purnima is already over. It comes in July or August.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.