This has been an ongoing issue , simmering ever since certain section of the society wanted women to enter the temple regardless of age ..the supreme Court has recently said that women should not be barred from entering the temple regardless of age. But it has only created more confusion with many Hindus taking the side of the temple authorities who feel that the sanctity of the temple should be preserved like it is being done in other religious places ...with a social activist? Rehana Fatima trying to force an entry carrying a sanitary pad? the issue has become explosive with both Hindu and Muslim clergies targettng her..your views please !

http://www.indusscrolls.com/shocking-muslim-woman-activist-carried-sanitary-napkins-in-her-irumudi-wanted-to-throw-it-at-ayyappa-idol/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

God does not differentiate between men and women. It is we humans who made these laws. People say that this is hundred years old tradition that women should not enter. But Sati practice and child marriage were also age old practices then why they were banned ?

That Rehana Fathima is a crass and disgusting woman who will stop at nothing to create controversies. She was the pioneer of the Kiss of Love movement in Kochi a few years back. What I don't understand is the court's stand on this issue. This particular petition asking for permission for women of all ages to enter Shabarimala temple was filed by a Muslim person to which the court gave a favorable decision. And after court's decision on this, One Hindu person filed similar petition asking for permission to women to enter all mosques in India which the court promptly threw out citing that he didn't belong to that religion and so has no business talking about issues un Muslim religion. Why this gross injustice? This is nothing but a serious conspiracy to turn lands and temple belonging to Hindu community in the hands of Christians, funded by Vatican so they can continue their mass conversions peacefully. Fortunately, from what I understand from my Mallu friends, most Hindu women refuse to enter Shabarimala as they clearly understand that the issue of non entry is not at all based on menstruation but due to the respect to the deity who is supposed to observed celibacy. So the women respect it and will keep doing so. It is the Muslims, and Christians along with certain Hindu communists who are trying to vilify and blasphemise the Hindu sentiments.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

arjun sai wrote:

God does not differentiate between men and women. It is we humans who made these laws. People say that this is hundred years old tradition that women should not enter. But Sati practice and child marriage were also age old practices then why they were banned ?

Before making this statement, first read and gather information and try to understand why women do not visit Shabarimala. There are hundreds of temples where women are allowed to worship and pray, but there are only few temples where women are not allowed and at the same time, there are also a few temples where m,en are not allowed to enter. So why focus only on the one temple where women willingly do not go to respect the celibate status of the deity and create a turmoil in the entire state. Also do not forget that the permission was requested by a Muslim man who has no business interfering with Hindu practices. Instead why did not ask the court to allow women of his own community to enter to mosque or talk about halala or triple talaq. Think about these before saying that this practice is outdated and should be removed.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

Before making this statement, first read and gather information and try to understand why women do not visit Shabarimala. There are hundreds of temples where women are allowed to worship and pray, but there are only few temples where women are not allowed and at the same time, there are also a few temples where m,en are not allowed to enter. So why focus only on the one temple where women willingly do not go to respect the celibate status of the deity and create a turmoil in the entire state. Also do not forget that the permission was requested by a Muslim man who has no business interfering with Hindu practices. Instead why did not ask the court to allow women of his own community to enter to mosque or talk about halala or triple talaq. Think about these before saying that this practice is outdated and should be removed.

I understand your point of view. Even though I don't know anything about the temple what I meant is that all men / women should be treated equally in all temples, church and mosques irrespective of gender . I am not atheist but some practices lack any scientific proof so I question those.

arjun sai wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

I understand your point of view. Even though I don't know anything about the temple what I meant is that all men / women should be treated equally in all temples, church and mosques irrespective of gender . I am not atheist but some practices lack any scientific proof so I question those.

Not all practices need to be proved scientifically every time. If you read my earlier post carefully, you will understand that this is something that has been started by a man NOT belonging to Hindu religion. When his own religion is seriously outdated and there are numerous malpractices and complete humiliation of women, why does he not address those issues. Why is he only interested in creating controversy with respect to a temple whose deity is celibate and Hindus have complete faith in following its tradition? Also understand that not everything should be viewed only from feministic or modernistic outlook. There are things that are above and beyond thse factors.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

If devotees from other religions wanted to enter the temple to seek the blessings genuinely, it is understandable. But what the activist Rehana Fatima wanted to do should be condemned by one and all. Carrying sanitary napkin and garbage to throw on the idol is not only insulting but very very disgusting behaviour. Even if she doesn't has faith in the deity of that temple , she has no right to show her disrespect in that manner. 

In the name of gender equality , some feminist really cross the limit. 

I am not a great believer in religion but have great respect for traditions and customs that form the very fabric of our Hindu culture. Belief is something that one can not deny nor trivialize. Every institution has it's own set of rules , similarly religious institutions. My logic is simple - You either follow the rules if you want to be a part of it or refrain from being a part of it , rather than  demean and disrespect the institution simply because you do not agree with their rules. Simply opposing for the sake of doing so shows a sick mind incapable of understanding, sensitivity and lack of self discipline.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Sandhya Rani
arjun sai wrote:

I agree with that , but the issue is different here..banning sati and child marriage we're needed since they were social evils. Religion and religious beliefs are different because it is a matter of faith and belief and need to be tackled with understanding and sensitivity.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Sandhya Rani

Carrying santiary pad is not more than a getting publicity. First of all we all must think what is Hindu religion. From which it is made. Hindu religion is not a book of rules,person who are following these are Hindu. In India Hindu people living at different location have different rituals customs and traditions. I am not following rituals which is following by Hindu of South or East. But all it we all are Hindu. Our rituals and customs are our indentity.

Carrying a sanitary napkin to Temple is an act of disgrace and is a cheap act to gain publicity and media attention. 

Though I am not much of a religious person, I can just let individuals choose whether they want to go to Temple or not. They can choose to go or to wait till menopause depending on their personal faith and belief.

But this act by this lady shows no progressive mindset but is a senseless act and a disgrace to the temple and to the idol. I don't find any logic in it.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.