91 year ago Maharaja Gangan Singh of Bikaner state laid foundation of Sriganganagar. Before it was a small village Ram Nagar. Have look of my city in present

http://epaper.patrika.com/1870893/Rajasthan-Patrika-Ganganagar/SriGanganagar-City#page/6/2

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Since the article is in Hindi I could not go through it in detail..how howe, it is nice to know that you are celebrating the 92nd birth year of the city . Hope you all have a great time ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I read this article. According to this Ganganagar was desert before but after some time Britishers made a water canal from River Sutlej. This canal was useful for irrigation and helped Ganganagar to become prosperous. Great that it has completed 92 years now.
usha manohar wrote:

Since the article is in Hindi I could not go through it in detail..how howe, it is nice to know that you are celebrating the 92nd birth year of the city . Hope you all have a great time ..

No local paper in English is published from my city, so this is article in Hindi. Sorry you could't read it. Thanks

arjun sai wrote:
I read this article. According to this Ganganagar was desert before but after some time Britishers made a water canal from River Sutlej. This canal was useful for irrigation and helped Ganganagar to become prosperous. Great that it has completed 92 years now.

Yes Ganganagar was desert area. Water canal made by Maharaja Ganga Singh with his own sources not by Britishers. 

anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

Yes Ganganagar was desert area. Water canal made by Maharaja Ganga Singh with his own sources not by Britishers. 

Yes sorry. British only provided their approval for construction.

Converting a desert area into a prosperous city is very inspiring indeed. May your city be prosperous always.

I had once visited it during the occasion of one of my classmate's marriage. Unfortunately, it was late in the evening. So couldn't see much of the city.

usha manohar wrote:

@Anil- Have a nice time celebrating the day

Here is something that will give you an idea of this lovely city 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Ganganagar

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: anil
arjun sai wrote:
anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

Yes sorry. British only provided their approval for construction.

Yes at that time Punjab was under rule of British and Maharaja Ganga Singh had good relation with British.

jabeen wrote:

Converting a desert area into a prosperous city is very inspiring indeed. May your city be prosperous always.

I had once visited it during the occasion of one of my classmate's marriage. Unfortunately, it was late in the evening. So couldn't see much of the city.

Happy to know that you came in my city. Come once more and visit my city and surrounding area. My district have some place of tourist interest.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganga_Canal_(Rajasthan)

The above is the Wikipedia inputs on the Ganga canal which is interesting. The British rulers along with tne Maharaja did play a major role in making it a reality , which is to be appreciated..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.