No doubt we are born into a society, community, family which has it's own set of norms and practices. So , you come into the world with all these pressures of trying to fit inside these lines drawn by others ...you try breaking free , you are called an upstart anti social or even a freak depending on what the issue is...what in your opinion is the best course to take ?

How do you define yourself? A fit in , upstart or an anti social..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You have started an interesting discussion. 

As you have mentioned, since we live in a society we are expected to follow certain norms and practices of the society. We can not totally disregard the society. However, I feel that we should not let the society dictate each and every steps of ours.

On a personal level, I do try to fit in and follow the norms of society on certain issues but not in all the matters. For instance, I usually do not follow the trend of society regarding what I wear or what I eat. I wear what I feel comfortable in and is appropriate for the occasion. Some people tends to consider me out fashioned or a freak may be.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Hey, everyone wants to be fit in life and look smart and beautiful.

So, I think you must try this Best Fitness band.

https://topbestof.com/top-list/best-fitness-bands-under-2000/

https://topbestof.com/top-list/best-earphones-under-500-depth-review/

jabeen wrote:

As you have mentioned, since we live in a society we are expected to follow certain norms and practices of the society. We can not totally disregard the society. However, I feel that we should not let the society dictate each and every steps of ours.

On a personal level, I do try to fit in and follow the norms of society on certain issues but not in all the matters. For instance, I usually do not follow the trend of society regarding what I wear or what I eat. I wear what I feel comfortable in and is appropriate for the occasion. Some people tends to consider me out fashioned or a freak may be.

Personal choices should be left to the individual with regard to dressing,food habits and lifestyle. But I see people criticizing even that. Recently Sania Mirza was trolled for posting a picture of herself and her husband while she was fully pregnant. She of course slammed the critics but I am shocked the level to which people take liberties and  interfer in other peoples personal choices ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ravi Chandra Verma wrote:

Hey, everyone wants to be fit in life and look smart and beautiful.

So, I think you must try this Best Fitness band.

https://topbestof.com/top-list/best-fitness-bands-under-2000/

I am not speaking about fitness and neither does this site allows you to advertise products on discussion forum.

I do try to fulfil the social obligations to much extent but I don't try to fit in and follow other people's footsteps. Like most of the people in corporate sector enjoy weekend parties and have affairs etc as a pastime but I do not like these activities. People think that I am anti social because I don't have parties etc. For me peace of mind is topmost priority. What use of those parties and relationships which kill your peace of mind ?
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Personal choices should be left to the individual with regard to dressing,food habits and lifestyle. But I see people criticizing even that. Recently Sania Mirza was trolled for posting a picture of herself and her husband while she was fully pregnant. She of course slammed the critics but I am shocked the level to which people take liberties and  interfer in other peoples personal choices ..

There is no shortage of dirty thinking peoples. We are living in democratic country and have right to do what we like until it will not hurt any one. Sania Mirza also citizen of India.

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Unfortunately, many of the celebrities are constantly facing such sort of trolls for one reason or others. When Naha Dhupia married Angad Bedi she was trolled for marrying someone who was two years junior to her, likewise people even trolled Zaira Wasim when she uploaded photos of a person who was trying to molest her. There are always people who likes trolling others.

Its a high price the celebrities are paying for their fame.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Unfortunately, many of the celebrities are constantly facing such sort of trolls for one reason or others. When Naha Dhupia married Angad Bedi she was trolled for marrying someone who was two years junior to her, likewise people even trolled Zaira Wasim when she uploaded photos of a person who was trying to molest her. There are always people who likes trolling others.

Its a high price the celebrities are paying for their fame.

I agree ,fame and popularity is a double edged sword that cuts both ways...

Most people think our of the box , preferring to fit in and be accepted even if it is not something they like doing. This aspect has other disadvantages ..first of all any job they take up would be far less challenging , since it has to be approved by others , which in turn will limit their capacity to do their best.

Secondly, the moment there is a negative criticism by anyone they tend to lose interest and may even give up what they are doing rather than take it as a challenge to finish what they have taken up.

They finally end up as mediocre citizens , limiting themselves and their families and others who they are in close contact , simply because they value others opinions more and have no self confidence or the courage to go against those who pull them down to their own level.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.