Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:

As many have already mentioned earlier, most of those celebrities who became politicians have not done any good for the public. But they are not the only one to be blamed, I actually blame the public. Most of the public get carried away by the presence of these film stars and celebrities. They don't question whether these celebrities have done any sort of social services to the public before casting their vote.

Celebrities are better than criminal who won election from jail.Here in my city congress candidates is punished in three criminal cases and also passed 9 months is jail.

suni51 wrote:

I think the film stars and popular figures coming from various other fields like sports feel that public would support them irrespective of what they do. The latest examples are Navjot Singh Siddhu and Shatrughan Sinha behaving so childish just because they were not given a ministerial seat. I don't think there shouldn't be any quota for sportsmen, film stars or other eminent personalities in the politics even if they have a mass appeal due to their achievements in their own field.

It is not easy to have mass appeal, it is result of hard work of years.

Criminals and terrorists too have become celebrities here , thanks to our self serving politicians who go all out to sympathise with them in the name of secularism.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

While I totally agree that anybody wanting to enter politics should have certain basic minimum qualifications , not all the very qualified brains have been successful and able leaders ...prime example are Manmohan Singh and P Chidambaram , now facing corruption charges.

Also, there have been a handful of filmstars who have been good leaders . Jaya Lalitha, inspite of being corrupt did do a lot of good for Tamil Nadu . One can see it every where - good roads, easy loan facilities, amma canteens and so on. NT Ramrao, the very famous Telugu film star who founded the TDP was  also a good leader Sunil Dutt was an honest and committed leader but for his son , who wiped out all that he had achieved. 

Film start also citizen of India, they have right to join politics. Some film star join politics when they have not any work in Industry. Sunil Dutt was a patriotism person. He made Ajanta group to entertain soldiers on border during China war.

Yes they have all rights to do so. They are most welcome if they serve people or have intention to do so. Not just for lip service and get attention. And that is true for all people entering people from all walks of life. For celebrities it is an easy cakewalk due to their popularity and mass following.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, jabeen
usha manohar wrote:

Criminals and terrorists too have become celebrities here , thanks to our self serving politicians who go all out to sympathise with them in the name of secularism.

Yes it some what right. Not only politicians public also make celebrities to criminals. Here in Rajasthan gangster Anand Pal is example. BJP government killed him in an encounter, now his community Rajput is against BJP and congress is using this issue for votes.

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The film stars and other celebrities are used to always being in the limelight, with few honorable exceptions of course. and so when there career ends, the absence of the public spotlight on them diminishes and so they find their way into politics as what better way than politics to stay in the public views! I personally feel that the entire structure of politics should be changed drastically and only those people who have some kind of qualification and career of administrative nature should be allowed to enter politics.

Yes it right most of film start join politics when they have no work. Some time political parties nominate them in Rajaya Sabha to get benefit of their stardom. At present Heme malini is MP of BJP but in  public meeting she never speak of problems or about party agenda, she speaks dialouge of her  films. You are right that entire structure of politics should be changed but it is not easy. The only and only one qualification for candidates, who can won election.

I am not sure about what Hema Malini speaks in public meetings but in all fairness to her and Jaya Bachhan, it is a known fact that they attend Rajya Sabha regularly and have spoken on various issues which is hardly the case with others like Dharmendra, Rekha and Sachin. I think Rekha and Sachin were the worst having attended the Rajya Sabha just twice in their 4/5 year term..

hema malini

jaya

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Rekha was more for glamor and when she made her appearance the second time after 3 years of swearing in , the MPs had a field day ogling her and admiring her rather than take her to task for not doing her duty as an MP ..

rekha 2 620x400

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The film stars and other celebrities are used to always being in the limelight, with few honorable exceptions of course. and so when there career ends, the absence of the public spotlight on them diminishes and so they find their way into politics as what better way than politics to stay in the public views! I personally feel that the entire structure of politics should be changed drastically and only those people who have some kind of qualification and career of administrative nature should be allowed to enter politics.

Yes it right most of film start join politics when they have no work. Some time political parties nominate them in Rajaya Sabha to get benefit of their stardom. At present Heme malini is MP of BJP but in  public meeting she never speak of problems or about party agenda, she speaks dialouge of her  films. You are right that entire structure of politics should be changed but it is not easy. The only and only one qualification for candidates, who can won election.

I am not sure about what Hema Malini speaks in public meetings but in all fairness to her and Jaya Bachhan, it is a known fact that they attend Rajya Sabha regularly and have spoken on various issues which is hardly the case with others like Dharmendra, Rekha and Sachin. I think Rekha and Sachin were the worst having attended the Rajya Sabha just twice in their 4/5 year term..

hema malini

jaya

Yes Hema and Jaya Bachhan are serious politicians. They are also active member of their party. 

usha manohar wrote:

This is because Indian democracy is seriously flawed and the representative's act does not TOTALLY bar criminals from contesting elections

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

This is because Indian democracy is seriously flawed and the representative's act does not TOTALLY bar criminals from contesting elections

It is not possible, who will like to sign of their own death warant.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.