In a recent incident involving Sentenalese tribe, an American national was killed by the tribe with arrows since he tried to enter their area. It is said that Sentenalese people like to live alone in reclusion. They kill any one who tries to enter their area. They also speak a language which cannot be understood by anyone else. After this incident of killing of American national, some people debate that Sentenalese people should be punished by the government for killing American national. What are your thoughts?

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    I would say those people are class one idiots. Sentinelese people belong to a very primitive tribe and they have not been exposed to any type of outside contact and so if we did try to go near them, they would fall sick and be dead within months. It is for this reason alone that the Indian government prohibits outsiders and even Indians to go anywhere near this island. The American who was killed was a Christian missionary and had previously too tried to go near them. He was trying to approach them to spread the word of his God and was justly killed by the tribals as they have their own beliefs and do not want to be approached by anyone. The American should have respected that!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    I think they are not aware of the law of the land and live in their won world with their beliefs and faith and their own set of rules and laws ( if any). One should look into the matter with their perspective also. He was not killed out of some crime but just out of defense to protect oneself. I agree with Kalyani that their privacy and preference should be respected.


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    Arunima Singh wrote:

    I think they are not aware of the law of the land and live in their won world with their beliefs and faith and their own set of rules and laws ( if any). One should look into the matter with their perspective also. He was not killed out of some crime but just out of defense to protect oneself. I agree with Kalyani that their privacy and preference should be respected.

    You know Arunima, until today, due to their so-called 'evangelist activity of liberating uncivilized people' the Christian missionaries from Europe, especially UK have wiped out hundreds of communities of indigenous tribes in the Amazon rainforests. The tribes were not used to the germs from the outside world and these white missionaries brought a number of diseases upon these poor people who were more civilized in moral codes and conduct than the Europeans and died out in numerous epidemics. Therefore, the Indian government must do everything to protect the Sentinelese and others too eg. Jarawas in the Andamans who are now becoming used to eating unhealthy snacks offered by throngs of tourists who go there merely to goggle at the almost naked tribals! Really disgusting!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    I read in newspaper about these community. They are not aware about world. Their are is there world. Even they don't know how to light fire. they don't know about law and order of any country. government should not be disturb them.


  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    There are always two sides to a coin. I have when in Air Force traveled and flown extensively in the  Andaman island>our main base is at Car-Nicobar and the tribes there ( girls are lovely) have converted to Christianity. This has its benefits as they have prospered and are well off, the Indian government has also set up lots of funds for the tribes and their rich drive cars. In case this tribe had been left to rot as some people are advocating for the Sentinals than this tribe would never have prospered. The tribes in the Sentinal and other islands must be approached and given the benefit of modern medicine and goods. Otherwise, this tribe I was told is dwindling having been reduced to 10% from 1920. It is important they be brought slowly into the modern world. Of course, there is no punishment for killing the missionary, but I salute his courage to go to the Sentinal island. I will let people know that I flew the M-17 chopper so many times over this particular island and even their village. This tribe deserves a better deal. Let's not condemn Christianity as teh missionaries went deep into tribal lands and improved the lot of the people with schools and hospitals. Hindus just sat on their haunches and did nothing.  Incidentally, I am a product of a missionary school


  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    MG Singh wrote:

    There are always two sides to a coin. I have when in Air Force traveled and flown extensively in the  Andaman island>our main base is at Car-Nicobar and the tribes there ( girls are lovely) have converted to Christianity. This has its benefits as they have prospered and are well off, the Indian government has also set up lots of funds for the tribes and their rich drive cars. In case this tribe had been left to rot as some people are advocating for the Sentinals than this tribe would never have prospered. The tribes in the Sentinal and other islands must be approached and given the benefit of modern medicine and goods. Otherwise, this tribe I was told is dwindling having been reduced to 10% from 1920. It is important they be brought slowly into the modern world. Of course, there is no punishment for killing the missionary, but I salute his courage to go to the Sentinal island. I will let people know that I flew the M-17 chopper so many times over this particular island and even their village. This tribe deserves a better deal. Let's not condemn Christianity as teh missionaries went deep into tribal lands and improved the lot of the people with schools and hospitals. Hindus just sat on their haunches and did nothing.  Incidentally, I am a product of a missionary school

    I agree with that ... The only regions that have prospered  in Africa are the ones where the missionaries went and educated the people. We can see the state of Ethiopia, Somalia and Central Africa which are predominantly Islamic ..they are into terror activities,piracy and what not ! 


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    Arunima Singh wrote:

    I think they are not aware of the law of the land and live in their won world with their beliefs and faith and their own set of rules and laws ( if any). One should look into the matter with their perspective also. He was not killed out of some crime but just out of defense to protect oneself. I agree with Kalyani that their privacy and preference should be respected.

    You cannot allow a tribe to become extinct in the mistaken belief that they are better off as they are and don't need modern medicine and health care. The fact is the tribe on Sentinal island are now numbering just about 50 and they were about 500 about  70 years back. Thus, to let them die away and become fossils is not the correct thing to do.


  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    MG Singh wrote:
    Arunima Singh wrote:

    I think they are not aware of the law of the land and live in their won world with their beliefs and faith and their own set of rules and laws ( if any). One should look into the matter with their perspective also. He was not killed out of some crime but just out of defense to protect oneself. I agree with Kalyani that their privacy and preference should be respected.

    You cannot allow a tribe to become extinct in the mistaken belief that they are better off as they are and don't need modern medicine and health care. The fact is the tribe on Sentinal island are now numbering just about 50 and they were about 500 about  70 years back. Thus, to let them die away and become fossils is not the correct thing to do.

    I totally agree with you. Government has to take these people in consideration. Since they are neglected, missionaries target them for conversion. And you are right to say that many tribes have developed after missionaries came to them and converted them to Christianity.


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    Sentinalese tribes are actually very friendly according to an Article published by Yahoo, but have turned hostile after many experiences from British Era. During Mid 1800's British captured these men during which time there were around 5000 in number, but now there are hardly 100. 

    https://in.news.yahoo.com/sentinelese-tribe-killed-american-apos-115030285.html

    It was undoubtedly wrong to enter illegally in the first place and preach some christianity in a place where they should not enter in the first place. There have been quite a few episodes which remonstrate the hostility of the Tribes, yet the American has entered it to meet his own doom.

    Let them live peacefully.


  • Re: Sentenalese tribe of Andaman

    by » 3 weeks ago


    epraneeth77 wrote:

    Sentinalese tribes are actually very friendly according to an Article published by Yahoo, but have turned hostile after many experiences from British Era. During Mid 1800's British captured these men during which time there were around 5000 in number, but now there are hardly 100. 

    https://in.news.yahoo.com/sentinelese-tribe-killed-american-apos-115030285.html

    It was undoubtedly wrong to enter illegally in the first place and preach some christianity in a place where they should not enter in the first place. There have been quite a few episodes which remonstrate the hostility of the Tribes, yet the American has entered it to meet his own doom.

    Let them live peacefully.

    Live peacefully and die away and become extinct? I don't agree with this logic.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.