Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Any reform or measure taken by the ruling parties will certainly be thought of as a gimmick. However, l am all for it and hope they increase the merit cum means reservation quota in the coming years and decrease the caste based reservation which has already served it's purpose , that of stratifyingn India forever ..

It was news in yesterday newspaper that only 10 peoples of backward class took benefits of reservation till the day. Economy base reservation is good one but it must be logical. It is joke that a people who is paying Income tax is economical back ward.

First of all you take the benefit when there are admissions for courses and jobs, whch does not happen in January ..and I am glad that people who are contributing to the economy by paying taxes get some benefit out of it  ..don't they have any rights ? A person earning RS 50,000 per month pays tax and may be left with 42000 or a little more . Does that make him or her rich and capable of finacing his child's higher education which costs lakhs ? We need to argue logically and I feel that the govt has taken the togical and right decision in capping the income at 8 lakhs ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Any reform or measure taken by the ruling parties will certainly be thought of as a gimmick. However, l am all for it and hope they increase the merit cum means reservation quota in the coming years and decrease the caste based reservation which has already served it's purpose , that of stratifyingn India forever ..

It was news in yesterday newspaper that only 10 peoples of backward class took benefits of reservation till the day. Economy base reservation is good one but it must be logical. It is joke that a people who is paying Income tax is economical back ward.

First of all you take the benefit when there are admissions for courses and jobs, whch does not happen in January ..and I am glad that people who are contributing to the economy by paying taxes get some benefit out of it  ..don't they have any rights ? A person earning RS 50,000 per month pays tax and may be left with 42000 or a little more . Does that make him or her rich and capable of finacing his child's higher education which costs lakhs ? We need to argue logically and I feel that the govt has taken the togical and right decision in capping the income at 8 lakhs ..

The hypothetical situation you have described is worth pondering. Earning money doesn't mean sufficient to live a proper life. However, if such reservations has to be introduced, then caste based reservations quota should be reduced. Having said that, economic reservations if it is to be followed needs to be studied properly. In a corrupted country like India, many ineligible people like to claim the benefit unduly whenever svhemes are introduced

What we need is a revolution like the Russian and French revolution. Even Dr. Sun Yat Sen had a revolution in China. We never had one because of Hindu faith which says "accept your lot as it is the will of God." No wonder Muslim rule lasted 900 years and most Hindus for that period paid the Jizziya. How many know that it was teh British rule that stopped the collection of Jizzia? This caste-based reservation and now higher caste reservation of the so-called poor is another nail in the coffin of the Indian state. I am a nationalist and I remember flying my MIG21 in combat over Kargil and I am reminded of Jean-Paul Satre who said a state not built on meritocracy crashes like a pack of cards. I fear for India.

Now 10% Quota is being thought to be brought into private education system, is it a good idea to bring reservation to Private Education?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Reservation have  have not any link with cost of higher education. How many people in India are getting 8 lack PA. Here  salary in private of most of person is not 2 lack PA. So for them higher education is dream. 

Caste based reservation was probably required soon after Independence because of the social conditions prevalent then. But , now it has become a manipulative tool for both the public and the politicians. I wonder why the Supreme Court does not scrap it altogether since it was supposed to have been a temporary measure to begin with ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The hypothetical situation you have described is worth pondering. Earning money doesn't mean sufficient to live a proper life. However, if such reservations has to be introduced, then caste based reservations quota should be reduced. Having said that, economic reservations if it is to be followed needs to be studied properly. In a corrupted country like India, many ineligible people like to claim the benefit unduly whenever svhemes are introduced

Yes quota will reduced. To cover it government is decide to increase seats, in degree collages and other profession collage by 25 %

MG Singh wrote:

What we need is a revolution like the Russian and French revolution. Even Dr. Sun Yat Sen had a revolution in China. We never had one because of Hindu faith which says "accept your lot as it is the will of God." No wonder Muslim rule lasted 900 years and most Hindus for that period paid the Jizziya. How many know that it was teh British rule that stopped the collection of Jizzia? This caste-based reservation and now higher caste reservation of the so-called poor is another nail in the coffin of the Indian state. I am a nationalist and I remember flying my MIG21 in combat over Kargil and I am reminded of Jean-Paul Satre who said a state not built on meritocracy crashes like a pack of cards. I fear for India.

Yes I am agree with you, here merits have not any importance. I listen many time that a student who secure 5% marks selected in medical and engineer course. In India some courses like CA have not any reservation provision. Every one know about quality of CA of India. It is good luck of country that defense forces have not reservation.

usha manohar wrote:

Caste based reservation was probably required soon after Independence because of the social conditions prevalent then. But , now it has become a manipulative tool for both the public and the politicians. I wonder why the Supreme Court does not scrap it altogether since it was supposed to have been a temporary measure to begin with ..

Supreme court can't scrap it. Only and only Parliament can to it, but it is impossible.

Now some case has come up against this 10% reservation that it is violating Constitution. Do you think SC will revoke this order of reservation?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.