CM Yogi of UP declare 500 Rs pension to monks. It is some what election stunt and on other hand it is help to monks who are not from Akharey. What is yours opinion on it.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

From what I read, the scheme is not exclusively for the sadhus or monks. Rather it is another pension schemes for destitute including the monk.  

By the way, what is the meaning of Akharey? Couldn't get any information on googling the word.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, suni51

@jabeen Akhara is an organized unit of sadhus from a particular unit that follows the same traditions and live in the same campus. You can check this Akhara term in ongoing Kumbh Mela.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhara

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: jabeen

It must surely be a election stunt. Atleast he should have kept the amount a little bigger so that people will not feel it was an election stunt. 500 Rs Pension for a month, like seriously!

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: suni51

Yogi give this benefit to  monks in old age pension scheme. They are citizen of India and they deserve it. But they have not their records so they are not getting benefits of this scheme. But now after announcement of Yogi monks can get benefit of pension scheme.

I am surprised that monks had no pension until now in UP because in Karnataka the temple priests get pension , although i am not sure about others. The old age and widow pension started many years ago was at Rs 500 per month. When BJP came o power , Yediurappa the then Chief minister increased it to Rs 1000 ..but when Congress came back to power it reduced it back to Rs 500 and now after Kumara Sawamy took over , he has further reduced it to Rs 400..The priests too wd receive the same amount !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, suni51
usha manohar wrote:

I am surprised that monks had no pension until now in UP because in Karnataka the temple priests get pension , although i am not sure about others. The old age and widow pension started many years ago was at Rs 500 per month. When BJP came o power , Yediurappa the then Chief minister increased it to Rs 1000 ..but when Congress came back to power it reduced it back to Rs 500 and now after Kumara Sawamy took over , he has further reduced it to Rs 400..The priests too wd receive the same amount !

Monks are not priests of temples. Indeed they have not any record of their identity. No one known where they born and what is their real name.

Thank you said by: suni51

I propose no pension in the name of religion but only if they qualify like other citizens of India irrespective of caste and creed.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I propose no pension in the name of religion but only if they qualify like other citizens of India irrespective of caste and creed.

I too am of the same opinion, but this should be applicable to all religions in India. Currently, mullah, maulavis and madarasas get a lot of allowances and money from the government while the government takes away all the earnings from temples all over while the churches are not at all held accountable or ever audited for their earnings. This disparity should first stop!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I too am of the same opinion, but this should be applicable to all religions in India. Currently, mullah, maulavis and madarasas get a lot of allowances and money from the government while the government takes away all the earnings from temples all over while the churches are not at all held accountable or ever audited for their earnings. This disparity should first stop!

agree with you. Priest of temple need to pay any allowances because they are getting enough from temple. But monk have to be paid some pension because they have not any source of earning. These are deserve but they have not any documents of their identity and birth to get pension in old age scheme. So yogi declare pension for them.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.