Sorry but I saw no alternative but to block this spammer. He is an old member of this site but the way he was accumulating points here was not fair. Do you think I did right or should I lift his ban?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If you are talking about N R Satish, I think it was right that you banned him. Him being an old member does not mean he should be allowed to spam!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

You did the right thing Sunil, Old or new, spamming should not be accepted. 

I would also like to mention something too. Sometimes some spammers start topic in forum just to promote their product. Everyone of us are aware that they are spamming but some of us reply to that post. I think all of us should discourage such spamming by not answering such posts.

Once you become a member of a site you need to follow the rules and make sure that you contribute positively. So it is only right that spammers no matter who they are should be made to realize that they are going against the rules,  by taking disciplinary action against them.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think taking away his spammed points and giving him a second chance is also an option, if it within the guidelines or rules of the Site since he is an old member as banning for a first mistake of an old member might not be so good I feel.

A warning by confiscating his points and telling him that his profile will be blocked permanently if the same mistake is committed again is a good thought.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

I think taking away his spammed points and giving him a second chance is also an option, if it within the guidelines or rules of the Site since he is an old member as banning for a first mistake of an old member might not be so good I feel.

A warning by confiscating his points and telling him that his profile will be blocked permanently if the same mistake is committed again is a good thought.

It will be a lot of work in software to take his points away beside it's not for the first time they have done this. So the best option was to ban him for a limited period as a first action.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.