It seems like a never ending saga because after making his announcement about resigning which left all the sycophants stunned , and now after 5 days , Rahul remains stubbornly locked up in his house like a petulant child whose promised toy has failed to materialise. In the meantime other than his close family , no one else gains entry into his abode but that does not stop the clamoring Congress leaders from making a bee way to his house, wait in the hope is f his darshan etc etc..

My feeling is Rahul wants to make sure that even in defeat the media and nation's attention remains focused on him ...share your views please

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This one seems like another choreographed plan by Rahul and his close leaders in Congress to save his face. This is just an eye wash to distract people and work on image of Rahul as a mature and responsible leader. But this all seems too much of melodrama for a sensible leader to throw. Moreover, if he was so serious about stepping down, Why he and his family did not come up with any name as suggestion for next resident in CWC meeting??

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar, suni51

I guess, it's a very serious crisis within the Congress party as after a huge defeat in 2019, not only leadership of Congress president Rahul Gandhi but also very existence of party itself is under question.

After the defeat, Rahul Gandhi have offered for resignation from President of INC but Congress working committee has declined his offer. Despite that, Rahul Gandhi is still not ready to continue as party president and firm on resignation.

Some speculations are out there in section of media that probably Dr. Manmohan Singh might be appointed as Party President which is again in my opinion will be a puppet President just like puppet PM of UPA and it won't make much sense or difference in health of the INC.

Overall, it's nothing but a political drama by a family to save and manage their hold over INC and also shift blame onto others.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

While Rahul is continuing with his drama, there are cases of conflict within Congress in various states. The war between Sachin Pilot and Gehlot has become worse and both wanted to meet Rahul. Karnataka and MP are other two states undergoing crisis. It seems Rahul is refusing to meet these leaders and they end up meeting Priyanka. So one speculation and that seems more probable for me is Priyanka coming as party president. Though it will not help the party but save the dynasty rule. 

Amrinder Singh would have been a good choice. 

But I feel after few more days of this drama, Rahul will come out clean and continue as president of the party.

Rahul has been sulking now for almost a week and the funny thing is the Congress party working committee is not even thinking of an alternative ..they only want him !!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think if the Congress party doesn't take it gracefully and become more democratic they will disappear totally. The time has come when the party should know the public sentiments or be prepared to disappear from the national scene. They say they are followers of Mahatma Gandhi but they never followed the suggestion given by him at the time of independence. He said, the Congress Party's role was over and it should start afresh but should not be part of the government. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

When in CWC meeting he offered his resignation,  a few voices like Amrinder Singh( as reported by some channel on that day)  asked him to suggest some names.  But this family and their loyalists did not take that question and went ahead with their drama.  That clearly shows how serious they actually are to really work on the problem.  All is to save face of Rahul.  Rahul is above national and party interest. 

usha manohar wrote:

Rahul has been sulking now for almost a week and the funny thing is the Congress party working committee is not even thinking of an alternative ..they only want him !!

It seems leaders including Sheela Dikshit are ready to sit in front of his house to request him to change his mind about quitting. Instead of wasting their time on all these dramas , they use their time to visit their constituency and work at grass root level to  better their performance next time.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:

I think if the Congress party doesn't take it gracefully and become more democratic the time has come when the party will disappear from the national scene. They say they are followers of Mahatma Gandhi but they never followed the suggestion given by him at the time of independence. He said, the Congress Party's role was over and it should start afresh but should not be part of the government. 

Yes they are clamming that we are follower and even they are clamming that they have patent of using Mahatma Gandhi's name. But it is fact it not congress of Mahatma Gandhi. It is congress I, means congress Indira Gandhi. 

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It seems leaders including Sheela Dikshit are ready to sit in front of his house to request him to change his mind about quitting. Instead of wasting their time on all these dramas , they use their time to visit their constituency and work at grass root level to  better their performance next time.

This dharna drama just goes on to prove that despite their miserable failure, they will still not persist from their sycophancy of the Gandhi family. Now, Dikshit is quite a senior leader of the party and has also been the CM of New Delhi in the past and yet, she is ready to stoop down to this level, all because the prince charming is sulking and refuses to speak to anyone.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

This dharna drama just goes on to prove that despite their miserable failure, they will still not persist from their sycophancy of the Gandhi family. Now, Dikshit is quite a senior leader of the party and has also been the CM of New Delhi in the past and yet, she is ready to stoop down to this level, all because the prince charming is sulking and refuses to speak to anyone.

To a certain extent  I can understand  their feelings. Congress party may totally collapse without  the Gandhis.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.