Today, on 5th June, is world environment day. It is our collective responsibility between Govt. and citizens and as son of mother earth to not harm the nature and protect the environment by keeping it green and clean.

In 21st century, the biggest challenge in terms of pollution and saving the environment is global warming. We may also feel that in greed for development for human luxury, we are loosing the green cover which eventually has led us to experience heat waves and drought situation.

In my opinion, to protect and increase green cover is a big challenge and must be priority for all of us to grow trees as much as possible in order to at least protect the green cover which will help us protect against heat wave and drought situation.

In coming years, India will face serious challenges as far as pure drinking water is concerned. We call our selves educated but we don't have simple understanding of not wasting water. Because we have got educational degrees doesn't mean we are educated if our behavior is of and uneducated person. I have witnessed this that we, Indians have faced water crisis earlier as well and still we have not learnt anything and still wasting water like uneducated people. The rivers are going out of water because of low rain and also since independence, we haven't built infrastructure for storage of rain water which still gets away into the river or ocean.

So, today, i would like to discuss and debate on this serious matter which related to all of us. Provide your ideas and suggestions on how to save water, protect trees, protect environment, protect mother earth. You guys may share your stories and experiences as well which may helpful to all of us. Remember, it's not only job of Govt. but it's collective responsibility of us,. citizens and Govt.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Many s times we see how tje citizrns nurtute and authorities destroy in tje name of development. All our law makers need to be given a course in protecting trees, wild life and water resources.  In Bangalore  the natural water bodies are in a pathetic condition and lakhs of trees have been destroyed..cant we have development without destroying nature? I am sure it can be done if the concerned  authorities put their mind to it.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Soil erosion has come as a serious threat in the recent times. And this threat is increasing rapidly day by day. Not only we need to protect the trees, but we need to save the animals as well. This is mainly because animal wastes help to keep the soil intact and also help to maintain the soil fertility at the same time.

I am agree with Umang. Growing tree in solution of many environment problem. Tree attract rain.Trees of source of oxgen. Trees is able keep temperature low. It is news in paper. Yesterday peoples check temperature at a busy circle which have not enough tree, it was 49 degree centigrade. After 15 mints they check temperature at collage which have enough tree, there temperature was 40 degree. 9 degree less. But people know it but not serious about it.  

France has passed a law that every house built from now on, should either have Solar Panels or Greenery on top of them. It is a nice initiative, but tough to implement in India.

Solar Panels can be implemented in India, but not greenery.

Now it is doing rounds on social media as if it was passed recently, but it was passed in 2015 itself.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/20/france-decrees-new-rooftops-must-be-covered-in-plants-or-solar-panels

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You are right, Umang. Protection of environment is not only the responsibility of the government but should be the collective responsibility of everyone. Each one of us should make a  conscious effort to save the planet. Comparatively speaking, people are now more aware of the need to protect the environment. May be because we are now suffering for our reckless actions in the past.

Nowadays, More individuals are coming forward to do something for protecting environment. I would like to mention about the program launched  by The Sangai Express and Unique Wildlife Protection Committee in Imphal. Under their initiative, it has become a trend in Imphal in recent years to plant a sapling on her  pre marriage ceremony day. A few people also plant saplings during anniversaries or birthdays.

Every small step and a conscious effort to implement it will bring a big change. Right from saving paper, judicious use of water, saving electricity,car pool,  saying no to plastics..there are numerous things that an ordinary person can do and help to save environment. Help would be an arrogant attitude, it is our duty to save the environment which has given us everything.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.