Hi Friends!

I have chanced upon an interesting news item which I am going to share with you. Heard about Plumpy'nut? It is known as a wonder food to fight malnutrition which is a curse afflicting several parts of Africa and other developing countries. It is a blend of peanut butter, powdered milk,sugar and vegetable oil fortified with vitamins and minerals.Nutriset - a French company is the maker of this 'Ready-to-use-therapeutic food' which is seeking a patent for this and this has been legally challeged in an American court by some who maintain patenting this would mean denial of this life-saving stuff at an affordable cost to millions of under and malnourished children in the developing world. What are your thoughts on this?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
many United states and other western countries are trying to patent the centuries old health remedies in India and other Afro Asian countries. Such tendencies must be strongly protested and fought. This is nothing but a sort of robbery on inherited knowledge of ancient civilizations.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There are many such controversy regarding the patent of products and resources of other countries by developed countries, especially United States.Many Indian products, for example, some varieties of Basmati rice was going to be patent like this.
We have to be very vigilant about this.A new watchdog agency must be set up in every country to counter this filthy practice.
i hate those companies who do business on people dead bodies.keeping them away from basic nutrition is very heinous crime. :)
Most of the Multi-National Outfits which operate throughout the globe lacks this moral focus - profit is the sole driver behind all their actions - be it human joy or misery! These are obessed with with only topline and bottomline.
Multi Nationals aim only to profit by plundering the underdeveloped countries. It is for us to be conscious and refused to be exploited.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Companies should care for people before profit booking.companies must respect their social responsibility. :(
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.