People tie mango leaves to their doors on all auspicious occassions.. Are mango leaves used just for aesthetic appeal or is there any specific reason behind it..?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh!!!! You have taken my duty.... :)

This question might also come from me Sridevi :)

Yes there is ---- And some addition to your question....

People tie mango leaves and also Neem leaves to the doors :)

We all know that plants take in carbon-di-oxide and give out oxygen.. But Mango leaves and neem leaves are very effective in this process comparative to other plants...
Neem leaves purifies the bacteria too.
This process helps to circulate oxygen and this gas indeed keeps the room temperature opt.

On auspicious days and while on occasions, we find a good gathering of all the close relatives and friends at one place.
In order to keep the temperature cool and to circulate air, we tie mango leaves and neem leaves to all the doors.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
@Deepti

Very good explanation ...

Our customs are very scientific but people ignore them without understanding the scientific basis behind them.. :) :) Some times they refer customs as blind faith out of their foolishness.. B)

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
Thanks to both of you..
Sridevi... Hope you haven't mentioned whether I am right???? ;) :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Hi Deepti..Yes,of course I guess it is right.. ! Truely speaking, I myself was not sure of the answer to the question..

And to add to the answer, I think both mango and neem, especially neem have strong aroma, which keeps away the insects.
Thanks Sridevi and Deepti for taking into limelight another good Indian custom cum scientific reason.
This is a good way to learn about Indian customs, especially knowing that why we are following the customs..

Aastha Gupta
Thanks Aastha :)

It is a very good custom seen even in the present days...... And had very good intension behind it!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Deepti and Sridevi, you both are stars!! Thanks for initiating this type of discussions! In one of the otehr threads, we were discussing about how some of the customs are not relevant and the need to discard such customs!! I am sure after your explanations on the scientific reasons, many of us will start examining the need for such customs and will adopt the proper ways instead of simply discarding everything that is old and traditional!!

Great job keep it up! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have a doubt.Plants take carbondioxide for photosynthesis.When the leaves are plucked will this process occur?Don't they loss their life?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@ deepti and Sridevi thanks for explaining the cutlure and scientific cause behind it.. But can you answer @ Abid question..it out soil the plants will die then how can this work?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.