Once Albert Einstein remarked that any man who reads too much and uses his brain too little,falls into the lazy habits of thinking! What are your thoughts?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Was he referring to the bookish dullards! We have a certain class of peeople who cram their heads with all kinds of thoughts borrowed from books without producing any of their own!!
Yes.. I think you are right. They will begin to breathe books or live in fiction and forget to breathe/think about themselves in reality!
Thanks Sridevi for your well-reasoned reply and let me know the views of others before it can be further elaborated.
Sridevi! You are right!
I have seen an example of exactly what you said! The girl in question was fond of reading romantic books such as Mills & Boon and was so taken by them that she started imagining similar situations happening to he. When her parents started looking for a prospective husband for her, she kept on rejecting them saying they don';t match the person of her dreams and at 40, she is all alone now!! :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes Kalyani,you have portrayed the most unfortunate character so well.While books could of so much of help and a great source of wealth,it is very important to ensure free play of mind.
Excess of everything is bad. I do not know how anyone can read too much. Possibly, some one has no work other than reading, he will continuously read. If he is reading all the time, I do not know when he will think. His mind will just be filled with the contents of the books he had read. His thinking will also be confused. Einstein has used the adjective 'lazy' before 'thinking'. Thus lazy thinking differs from active thinking. One needs to balance observation, reading and thinking. The world itself is like an open book that one needs to read by keen observation. This is direct knowledge. This knowledge prompts active thinking. The books are just second hand thoughts. If one is obsessed too much with books, he will have no direct knowledge of the world and his brain filled up with secondary knowledge obtained from books. This will give rise to lazy thinking. One needs to observe the world himself and compare his own observations with those of books.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I too agree with Gulshan kumar ajmani that excess of anything is not good...but i think we may be bored after sometime...

The same think is shown in the movie Munna Bhai....maybe too much reading can lead you to think about that character...But for me i just get bore doing the same thing for a lon time... :P :)
We are only discussing the horrible effects of such excess.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.